Teachers' Strikes

12 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I'd prefer to do that than live behind the sofa (with a mask on).

>>Strike Action causes disruption and not just for the government!!!<<

Exactly, they (that's all strikers incl train drivers) are trying to extort more money by disrupting as many people's lives as possible. The only thing that defeats me is why so many people appear to support that.

1. No one is hiding behind a sofa..only in your warped mind or **** poor attempt at bring funny..

2. People support it because they don't like the current government and usually people are in favour of civil servants earning a average/good wage. You know those people that you rely upon everyday? It's almost as if they don't want to work for free..... bizarre I know. 

27 minutes ago, Delayed said:

1. No one is hiding behind a sofa..only in your warped mind or **** poor attempt at bring funny..

2. People support it because they don't like the current government and usually people are in favour of civil servants earning a average/good wage. You know those people that you rely upon everyday? It's almost as if they don't want to work for free..... bizarre I know. 

They probably also realise that teachersnursesfirementraindriversambulanceworkers and the rest have inflated bills to pay. That requires inflated wages.

The alternative  is that those people stop any discretionary spending. Then we are really in a hole.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Prettytom said:

They probably also realise that teachersnursesfirementraindriversambulanceworkers and the rest have inflated bills to pay. That requires inflated wages.

The alternative  is that those people stop any discretionary spending. Then we are really in a hole.

You appear to have forgotten about who pays their wages

1 hour ago, Delayed said:

Where are they going to get any money for wage rises since they spent £400 Billion during the pandemic (excl money lost by an economy forced to shrink) ?

>>No one is hiding behind a sofa<<

I'm not the one who was petrified of Covid. It was not me who wanted everyone else to stay at home (including, of relevance on this thread. school kids who were at no risk from Covid), wear masks and be vaccinated.

34 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

They probably also realise that  t̶e̶a̶c̶h̶e̶r̶s̶n̶u̶r̶s̶e̶s̶f̶i̶r̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶r̶a̶i̶n̶d̶r̶i̶v̶e̶r̶s̶a̶m̶b̶u̶l̶a̶n̶c̶e̶w̶o̶r̶k̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶t̶  everyone has inflated bills to pay. That requires inflated wages.

There, corrected it for you.

BTW, if everyone had a 10% pay rise then prices would all have to go up by 10% to pay for it.

We have got inflation because the economy was suppressed for months on end whilst, at the same time,  the government paid out Gazillions for people to sit at home on their backsides. 

The bill for that has arrived, and what some people on here appear to be arguing is that those with the power to severely inconvenience many may people should get the pay rises (whilst those that haven't, won't).

6ecbb68b-39c3-429d-ae7d-653c8e800646.png

41 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Where are they going to get any money for wage rises since they spent £400 Billion during the pandemic (excl money lost by an economy forced to shrink) ?

>>No one is hiding behind a sofa<<

I'm not the one who was petrified of Covid. It was not me who wanted everyone else to stay at home (including, of relevance on this thread. school kids who were at no risk from Covid), wear masks and be vaccinated.

Well I'm sure that if MPs can find the money to give themselves pay rises then the people that save lives for a living can have a rise too. 

And no one else wanted any of that but understood the need.

You're just showing your selfishness again.