Teachers' Strikes

6 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I already told you, see post 158. It's the bit in parentheses.

Sorry, forgot who I was replying to, you may not have seen the word "parentheses" before. Brackets, then.

as you are the only person suggesting it, it follows that you must consider yourself one of these "mainly thick people"

Edited by fools

I know of teachers who spend considerable time on an evening and during holidays marking work, planning lessons and other school related work.

Regarding strike action I disagree with this as I do not think it sets a good example.

Edited by harvey19

3 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I know of teachers who spend considerable time on an evening and during holidays marking work, planning lessons and other school related work.

No no no. They only work 35 hour weeks during term time and then do absolutely nothing for 13 weeks in the "holidays" mate, the brains trust of the forum have said so.

I saw the front of the Daily Mail this morning was crying about these strikes, saying the kids have been "let down again". Assume this is a reference to schools being shut for months in 2020/21. Newsflash: the teachers didnt decide to shut the schools in 2020/21.

Edited by HeHasRisen

Just now, harvey19 said:

I know of teachers who spend considerable time on an evening and during holidays marking work, planning lessons and the school related work.

Regarding strike action I disagree with this as I do not think it sets a good example.

Every lesson is unique in this imaginary lesson plan world, maybe they should write it down so it can be reused

25 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

My only point was that some people (mainly thick people, granted) totally forget every employed person gets a holiday allowance.  I never made any misleading comparison, that was in your own head.

I choose to do a job with lots of holidays, you would think people would be queueing up at the school gates to do those jobs.

Perhaps people aren't very bright?

1 minute ago, El Cid said:

I choose to do a job with lots of holidays, you would think people would be queueing up at the school gates to do those jobs.

Perhaps people aren't very bright?

Well as already said, you arent actually getting 13 weeks holiday as a teacher, I know loads that are still in the first week of the summer holidays, and the last week, and the odd day in the other holidays. Add to that the hours they do in term time. The whole "they get 13 weeks sat on their arse" line is trotted out by those with an agenda against them.

Edited by HeHasRisen

20 minutes ago, fools said:

Every lesson is unique in this imaginary lesson plan world, maybe they should write it down so it can be reused

I have been told years ago a teacher could plan their lessons early in their career and use the same notes for most of their careers.

Nowadays  things have changed because of government directives, advances in technology and the changing needs of society and the work force

A teacher nowadays has to keep up with these changes and so can not use the same notes continually.

3 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I have been told years ago a teacher could plan their lessons early in their career and use the same notes for most of their careers.

Nowadays  things have changed because of government directives, advances in technology and the changing needs of society and the work force

A teacher nowadays has to keep up with these changes and so can not use the same notes continually.

so you pay someone to write a lesson plan, and someone to write homework questions, then distribute it to teachers .. more time to watch Happy Valley