Teachers' Strikes

21 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

There’s plenty of money around if you know where to look.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64489147

It just needs distributing differently.

Their profits would appear to be excessive I would agree. It's only fair to point out they lost money in 2020, which is partly why the oil price is where it is now as the oil companies cut right back on investment.

Shell did make £32 Billion, but that's only about a twelfth of the £400 Billion the government spent during Covid.... And that £400 Billion figure excludes the loss of economic output (and the tax loss from) due to their flawed policy.

>>It just needs distributing differently.<<

This is typical Leftie stuff. They can always find some money from somewhere, if they tax everyone else more, I can have more.

Edited by Chekhov

28 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

The fact I , and millions of others, are being grossly inconvenienced by these strikes and are ****ed off about it is me "begrudging" ?

Interesting use of language.

<…>

My irony-meter just exploded, so couldn’t read the rest, sorry!

Who do I address the invoice to, for a replacement?

1 hour ago, Padders said:

I am a very wel edicated persun.......

So I defanately surport the Teechers strykes.......

Hi Padders,

It looks like you've been using your recent sabbatical from the Forum to attend a literacy course in Sheffieldese!

echo.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

Their profits would appear to be excessive I would agree. It's only fair to point out they lost money in 2020, which is partly why the oil price is where it is now as the oil companies cut right back on investment.

Shell did make £32 Billion, but that's only about a twelfth of the £400 Billion the government spent during Covid.... And that £400 Billion figure excludes the loss of economic output (and the tax loss from) due to their flawed policy.

>>It just needs distributing differently.<<

This is typical Leftie stuff. They can always find some money from somewhere, if they tax everyone else more, I can have more.

If you want something to get properly angry about, it should be the energy rip off. 

You’ve been paying a green tariff for years on your electricity bill.  Now that push has come to shove, you are being charged through the nose for electricity generated by the infrastructure that you’ve paid for.

It costs no more to run a wind turbine this year, than it did last. We’re all being robbed.

You should start a thread about it.

On 02/02/2023 at 12:06, Prettytom said:

You’ve been paying a green tariff for years on your electricity bill.

You have also been paying for the smart meter rollout as well on top of that. Estimated in 2020 to have already cost £10.9bm!

Thank the Conservatives and Clegg for that one. 

It's disgraceful that teachers are going on strike, they should set an example to the pupils that money is not the most important thing in life 

And that dedication to your duty is to be desired and in fact seen as an honour 

That's what I tell my servants in my mansion. 

After all, how can I afford to give the servants more pay, I want to buy another yaught in march 

Edited by rogets

22 hours ago, Dromedary said:

You have also been paying for the smart meter rollout as well on top of that. Estimated in 2020 to have already cost £10.9bm!

Thank the Conservatives and Clegg for that one. 

Some of that would be replacing old meters and smart meters have been used to reward users with ££ for not using their electricity.

The energy companies will also be more efficient because they have our up to date readings, without paying for extra staff.

11 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Some of that would be replacing old meters and smart meters have been used to reward users with ££ for not using their electricity.

The energy companies will also be more efficient because they have our up to date readings, without paying for extra staff.

We had a smart meter fitted.

It stopped working after a couple of years.

We were told it would not be replaced if over 1 year old.