Scc Being Given Draconian Powers.

Litotes

The street gestapo are getting even more powers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-64333697

Perhaps this means that they will enforce yellow boxes to improve flow - would anyone like to bet how many more will appear as they use it as another method of revenue generation while doing very little to improve the lives of the residents of Sheffield, as has happened in many other schemes.

This was discussed weeks ago in another thread.

Seems fair enough to me, been happening for years in that there London. I have a top tip I can give you which means you wont get a single fine. Do you know what it may be?

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Litotes said:

Perhaps this means that they will enforce yellow boxes to improve flow - would anyone like to bet how many more will appear as they use it as another method of revenue generation while doing very little to improve the lives of the residents of Sheffield, as has happened in many other schemes.

Don't worry about it.

Nothing to see here.

Move along.

8 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

This was discussed weeks ago in another thread.

Seems fair enough to me, been happening for years in that there London. I have a top tip I can give you which means you wont get a single fine. Do you know what it may be?

Elect a more effective (and less fraudulent) Council?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Litotes said:

Elect a more effective (and less fraudulent) Council?

Well, no. Simply dont perform any moving traffic infringements. Simple, isnt it?

Bit like these people who moan when they get parking tickets. Erm, dont park on yellow lines or in places you shouldnt park in then 😏

This is a tax on stupidity, I'm all for it.

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Litotes said:

You might want to change the thread title to '......apply for....' instead of '..,given...' - that's assuming you've read the news item

It's a shame they need to apply for these things - if motorists did what they should do & didn't do what they shouldn't do - SHAZAM no requirement to apply for such measures

2 hours ago, Resident said:

Just register a taxi plate, preferably an out of town one such as Calderdale or North East Derbyshire, since they'll give them to anyone. 

That way SCC won't bother you. 

I've noticed loads of these lately and wondered what it was all about? I assumed it might be easier to get a licence there than in a big city?