Scc Being Given Draconian Powers.

Litotes

On 21/01/2023 at 12:20, HeHasRisen said:

Should go on the Queens Rd/Bramall Lane junction instead tbh: I have had a moan about that junction on here a couple of times and I have been told a right turn there isnt actually an illegal turn, which just baffles me. It should be 🤣

We;; as I read it that's where the camera is going to operate....so be careful!

On 21/01/2023 at 13:18, Planner1 said:

The enforcement camera is going in at that junction, it’s enforcing the bus only right turn from Bramall Lane into Queens Rd. That turn is roundly abused by taxi drivers and a few others.

Taxis ARE allowed to make that right turn. The signs clearly indicate Bus AND taxis.

On 22/01/2023 at 09:19, spilldig said:

It's not that easy.  Sometimes you can wait outside the box and other vehicles come in from the other junction and fill the box, so unless you do it as well you would be stuck there all day with the vehicle's behind you blowing the horn and then driving round you and doing the same as what the others have done and filling the box.

The only way to stop that would be to rigorously enforce it and fine every one every time.

Agreed, often if you leave it clear, someone else will do it instead. 

However, one people start getting fined / points, im sure that will change…

• Like 1

On 22/01/2023 at 21:49, Planner1 said:

It’s the right turn from Shoreham St into Queens Rd ( I didn’t describe it very well). It’s Bus Only.

Concede you are right.  But I agree that taxis use it all the time. And quite a few non taxis, too. In fact I have seen many drivers making right turns in every direction there. What is unclear is if you can access Shoreham St inbound from Havelock Bridge. 

22 minutes ago, DavidFrance said:

Concede you are right.  But I agree that taxis use it all the time. And quite a few non taxis, too. In fact I have seen many drivers making right turns in every direction there. What is unclear is if you can access Shoreham St inbound from Havelock Bridge. 

Yes you can access Shoreham St from Myrtle Rd direction. The banned right turn on that approach is onto Queens Rd, as the pedestrian crossing will be showing green man.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Bump.

Any chance of telling us where all this free parking was in 2003?

There used to be loads of free parking around Broad Lane, West Street and Division Street in 2003.

Permit parking in the PPZ was not a thing so loads of freedom just outside the inner ring road.

Lots of parking around Matilda Street...

Tried looking on the google map time line but it only goes back to 2009, but even then there was a lot more freedom.

16 minutes ago, Litotes said:

There used to be loads of free parking around Broad Lane, West Street and Division Street in 2003.

Permit parking in the PPZ was not a thing so loads of freedom just outside the inner ring road.

Lots of parking around Matilda Street...

Tried looking on the google map time line but it only goes back to 2009, but even then there was a lot more freedom.

Around West Street? Loads? Free parking? In 2003? Sounds very vague. Name a street. Burden of proof is on you and your bezzie mate Fools to prove that as that just sounds utter garbage, sorry.

Also...easy? So you could just rock up whenever you wanted? Aye ok.

I will happily concede a "few" spaces may have existed that would have gone come 7.15 in the morning, and still may exist even now. But to claim it was "easy" and there was "loads"? Behave yourself

Edited by HeHasRisen