Playing Politics

Whatever one of major parties says is called out as a lie by the other, we are neck deep in a recession and are led by and would be led by a shower of clowns. The Second World War was won without party politics, folk stood shoulder to shoulder with each other, irrespective of their political beliefs, I don’t vote anymore, please give me something/someone worthy of mine and many more lost votes. 🙏

I agree. There's not much to choose between either party. We are back in the doldrums again as in 2014 / 2015 when people weren't bothering to turn out to vote.

Say what you like about Corbyn, but he single handedly reinvigorated politics and gave people something worth voting for. Alas he's gone (but not forgotten) and we're back to the same old same old.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In politics they don't stand shoulder to shoulder, both parties rubbish the others, which is why you think they are both incompetent. It's not an easy job, governing a country.

Rishi Sunak is a banker, not a skillful politician, I personally don't think he will last long 

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/01/2023 at 09:42, Anna B said:

I agree. There's not much to choose between either party. We are back in the doldrums again as in 2014 / 2015 when people weren't bothering to turn out to vote.

Say what you like about Corbyn, but he single handedly reinvigorated politics and gave people something worth voting for. Alas he's gone (but not forgotten) and we're back to the same old same old.....

Corbyn was never going to be Prime minister.  He wasn't a strong enough leader.

Guest makapaka
On 21/01/2023 at 08:18, crookesey said:

Whatever one of major parties says is called out as a lie by the other, we are neck deep in a recession and are led by and would be led by a shower of clowns. The Second World War was won without party politics, folk stood shoulder to shoulder with each other, irrespective of their political beliefs, I don’t vote anymore, please give me something/someone worthy of mine and many more lost votes. 🙏

Vote Labour in next time.

I can understand Crookesey’s  frustration with political parties at the moment.  If there was a general election today I would vote for the eeny, meeny, miny, moe party.  There’s still a few more years until the next election so it will be interesting to see if Rishi can turn things around to win it, that’s if the Tories haven’t ousted him out. 

Edited by hauxwell