Playing Politics

On 21/01/2023 at 09:42, Anna B said:

I agree. There's not much to choose between either party. We are back in the doldrums again as in 2014 / 2015 when people weren't bothering to turn out to vote.

Say what you like about Corbyn, but he single handedly reinvigorated politics and gave people something worth voting for. Alas he's gone (but not forgotten) and we're back to the same old same old.....

Have to disagree slightly - it was Corbyn that put me off voting Labour.

Can you imagine the position we'd be if he'd removed our nuclear deterrent?

And, considering that Labour have miraculously only just remembered what a woman is...

It's a bit of a ****show either way you look at it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, crookesey said:

And swap one  type of corruption for another, it’s the system that’s wrong, I see nothing between one donkey wearing a blue rosette and the other wearing a red one.

The new boys on the block are totally innocent. Should we just continue to be the slowest growing country?

Your negativity is strange.

On 21/01/2023 at 08:18, crookesey said:

Whatever one of major parties says is called out as a lie by the other, we are neck deep in a recession and are led by and would be led by a shower of clowns. The Second World War was won without party politics, folk stood shoulder to shoulder with each other, irrespective of their political beliefs, I don’t vote anymore, please give me something/someone worthy of mine and many more lost votes. 🙏

You are right , But!!!!!!!!!!!this week I have been watching a programme about Russia on BBC  4 .  It takes you from the revolution up to modern times and take it from me we have seen now’t . 

That Country and its people is a living hell , It makes our leaders look like saints no matter what party they represent.

3 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

You are right , But!!!!!!!!!!!this week I have been watching a programme about Russia on BBC  4 .  It takes you from the revolution up to modern times and take it from me we have seen now’t . 

That Country and its people is a living hell , It makes our leaders look like saints no matter what party they represent.

The only Russians that I meet over here who have no fears of returning have strong back up. It’s very easy for U.K. lefties to tell us how good and fair Russia is, but they don’t have to live there. Russian leadership, be it Tsarist, Soviet or just simple Communist got where it got due to installing fear in the populace, short live the current regime.

3 hours ago, crookesey said:

The only Russians that I meet over here who have no fears of returning have strong back up. It’s very easy for U.K. lefties to tell us how good and fair Russia is, but they don’t have to live there. Russian leadership, be it Tsarist, Soviet or just simple Communist got where it got due to installing fear in the populace, short live the current regime.

If the  "Russian leadership, be it Tsarist, Soviet or just simple Communist got where it got due to installing fear in the populace, short live the current regime", why does the Tory Government have documented links to some of its leaders?

Shouldn't you be aiming your ire at righties?

13 minutes ago, Mister M said:

If the  "Russian leadership, be it Tsarist, Soviet or just simple Communist got where it got due to installing fear in the populace, short live the current regime", why does the Tory Government have documented links to some of its leaders?

Shouldn't you be aiming your ire at righties?

Why me, you keep assuming that I’m a Tory, just because I don’t support Labour?

2 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Why me, you keep assuming that I’m a Tory, just because I don’t support Labour?

I wasn't asking that. 

There are documented links between senior Russian officials and the Tory Party.

I was questioning why you quoted "UK lefties" for supporting Russia.

Has the recent windy weather blown you off your fence :hihi:

On 01/02/2023 at 08:37, crookesey said:

I'm not sure that Putin is a 'communist'. I think he is a good old fashioned imperialist.

I watched the Adam Curtis Traumazone documentary about Russia. Once the communist party lost control, the country was subject to some pretty interventionist economic policies (supported by the US in the background), which meant the state industries were sold off to oligarchs. That sounds pretty much like good old fashioned right wing neo-con policies to me. 

Once Boris Yeltsin was removed from power, the oligarchs needed a new president who wasn't going to intervene in what they were doing. Hence Putin.