Jared O'Mara On Trial - Now Found Guilty

1 minute ago, MyFriendStan said:

And how long will he actually serve?

Probably a year, and then out on license. Usually how it works with low risk offenders if they have behaved themselves whilst inside.

Edited by HeHasRisen

32 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

I remember the cheers when Clegg went and labour/Jared got the seat. Oh dear, egg on faces all round now.

I didn't vote for O'Mara (never voted labour in my life) but I'll admit I was delighted to see the back of Clegg.

Anyway 4 years....nice one judge 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

Question for his Labour voters: did you not know for whom you were voting?

Or is it like Caligula's horse...

That's the problem with our system.  Round where I used to live I had a brilliant local Conservative MP.  He was all about helping the people, he didn't have his snout in the trough, he wasn't self-serving, but was the best person to support his constituency.   

If he was still an MP I'd loved to vote for him, but would be reluctant to give the national party my vote

I'm sure David Amess was the same.

Edited by alchresearch

12 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Not in this case; his vote was driven by spite against Clegg. 

Agreed, Jim, but surely there were slightly better candidates than O'Mara? Which brain-cell deficient individual/group of individuals picked him - did they not see the obvious mill-stone they were putting round their own necks?

I thought the NEC was composed of competent individuals?

2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Probably a year, and then out on license. Usually how it works with low risk offenders if they have behaved themselves whilst inside.

Isn't the rule that for sentences of that length, you'd serve half in prison and half on license?   So two years in prison?

Edited by Dannyno

2 hours ago, Colin Foster said:

I didn't vote for O'Mara (never voted labour in my life) but I'll admit I was delighted to see the back of Clegg.

Anyway 4 years....nice one judge 👍

I believe this is why people voted for him (Labour) as people were so angry with Clegg and  ConDem pact with Cameron 

Edited by Glennis