Jared O'Mara On Trial - Now Found Guilty

1 hour ago, prince al said:

They are hanging their heads in shame!

No one needs to hang their heads in shame. When a candidate stands for election, the voters don't know who he is or what type of person.

We all cast our votes with the best intentions, usually not knowing very much, if anything at all, about the candidate.

People voted for Hitler once and people voted for Putin once and I'm sure they had no inkling of what they were going to do.

Some of you guys get carried away sometimes and forget that you didn't know either until afterwards.

Do you think people said "I think  I'll vote for a drug addict this time"

• SFBeca changed the title to Jared O'Mara On Trial - Now Found Guilty
4 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

No one needs to hang their heads in shame. When a candidate stands for election, the voters don't know who he is or what type of person.

We all cast our votes with the best intentions, usually not knowing very much, if anything at all, about the candidate.

People voted for Hitler once and people voted for Putin once and I'm sure they had no inkling of what they were going to do.

Some of you guys get carried away sometimes and forget that you didn't know either until afterwards.

The people who select the candidates should know the background and suitability of the candidate they endorse.

4 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

O'Mara's character was well known around Sheffield WAY be before he was 'selected' by the NEC, who clearly didn't even carry out cursory checks, otherwise they would/should have run a mile.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, harvey19 said:

The people who select the candidates should know the background and suitability of the candidate they endorse.

I agree entirely.

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

O'Mara's character was well known around Sheffield WAY be before he was 'selected' by the NEC, who clearly didn't even carry out cursory checks, otherwise they would/should have run a mile.

He wasn't known to me. I had never heard of the guy until after he was voted in although I had stopped voting Labour anyway, long before that.

To clarify, after Blair's first term when he had proved to be such a liar and invaded Iraq.

6 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I agree entirely.

He wasn't known to me. I had never heard of the guy until after he was voted in although I had stopped voting Labour anyway, long before that.

To clarify, after Blair's first term when he had proved to be such a liar and invaded Iraq.

You didn't select him as a potential candidate, or shoe-horn him in. I was referring to those who did - they knew him, believe me.

39 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Putin was chosen by the gangsters that stole all the Russians industry's, Thats why he is still in power they protect him 

• Like 1