Retiring To Increase To 68 By Tories

47 minutes ago, crookesey said:

I can’t tell who’s working and who’s not, in respect of the plethora of Public Sector ‘workers’ who live on our street. I reckon that nothing will change when they take their early retirement pension and supplement it until whatever age the State Pension clicks in, one rule for one etc,etc.

Binoculars … net curtains… notebook and pencil

7 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Binoculars … net curtains… notebook and pencil

Don’t need the aids, I’m most probably a lot brighter than you. I hung up my guns and took my private pension age 62, received my State-pension age 65, I’m fortunate, unlike some these days

30 minutes ago, Thorpist said:

To obtain a full state pension, would it be a good idea to increase the number of years paid into it to receive the full amount?

Those that started paying in early reach the point of return earlier than the ones who didn't for whatever reason.

I do think that paying into the NI  should carry on after state retirement age if one continues to work.

As with the NHS the current system of funding is unsustainable

Yes, 35 years of paying in if you start work at 21 (assuming you went to uni) means that you are done and dusted by the age of 56.  Could easily be increased to 40 years needed imo.

10 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Don’t need the aids, I’m most probably a lot brighter than you. I hung up my guns and took my private pension age 62, received my State-pension age 65, I’m fortunate, unlike some these days

What is the pension rate for a cowboy in S10?

The statistics used for the average age expectancy are over five years old so in another five years when the figures for the period covering COVID and the long tail effect of untreated illness are available, the age of retirement will become a focus again.

• Like 1

Guest makapaka

You can’t rely on a government set retirement age anyway nowadays.

we’ve all got to work until your financially well off enough to stop. 

that will be never for some.

11 hours ago, fools said:

you must live in a different world, people die before getting to retirement age every day.

And people live longer. This was on at the weekend and a real eye opener of other countries. 

Channel 4’s Jon Snow to front new show How To Live To 100 

https://hydraquip.co.uk/product/1-bspp-male-male-x-1-id-deluxe-gravity-hose-kits/