'Individuals Should Not Be Responsible For Being Obese'

1 minute ago, PRESLEY said:

The  Stuff me and my mates ate when we was out and about in the Sixties like Chips and scraps from the chippy and all sorts from the school tuck shop and spice from the corner shop never hurt us,   there is  too much mamby pamby mularky these day,  just let kids be kids . :roll:

But then in the 1960s people didn't lead the sedentary lifestyle they do now. People burned off fatty tissues through daily exercise or just working.

3 minutes ago, melthebell said:

No sympathy OR Empathy

Like i said its a lot easier to know what you are putting in your body these days BECAUSE the state made businesses print on packets whats in the food, before you wouldnt have a clue

I have zero empathy or sympathy.

If your fat it's because you eat too much.

Just now, Mister M said:

But then in the 1960s people didn't lead the sedentary lifestyle they do now. People burned off fatty tissues through daily exercise or just working.

Correct,  when at school we had a  games period and seperate PT period on seperate days and we got home, it was school uniform off and the playing owt till we got shouted in, you could hear  different mothers and fathers shoutin kids names to get em in at night.   We had a couple of chubby mates who did the same as us, we didn't put weight on and they never lost none, it is called slow or fast Metabolism.  

I’m going to side with @Chekhov on this one. Obesity is a product of eating too much and exercising too little. The solutions lie largely with individuals.

However, it is in everybody’s interest to tackle this. That requires action from the government to help people to tackle their weight. Clear, consistent labelling of food would help. Not, the random, misleading nonsense we have now, but clear indications of calories, fat content etc. A bit of education about healthy calorie intake wouldn’t hurt either.

Helping obese people to exercise is also important. Some NHS or council funded schemes could help here. 

Its difficult though. Changing eating and exercising habits it something that many people find challenging. That shouldn’t be under estimated.

Edited by sibon

1 minute ago, sibon said:

I’m going to side with @Chekhov on this one. Obesity is a product of eating too much and exercising too little. The solutions lie largely with individuals.

However, it is in everybody’s interest to tackle this. That requires action from the government to help people to tackle their weight. Clear, consistent labelling of food would help. Not, the random, misleading nonsense we have now, but clear indications of calories, fat content etc. A bit of education about healthy calorie intake wouldn’t hurt either.

Helping obese people to exercise is also important. Some NHS or council funded schemes could help here. 

Its difficult though. Changing eating and exercising habits it something that many people find challenging. That shouldn’t be under estimated.

Largely with the individuals? Are you kidding me?

Who else's fault is it?

Just now, Al Bundy said:

Largely with the individuals? Are you kidding me?

Who else's fault is it?

Your reading is faulty.

Please try again.

2 minutes ago, sibon said:

Some people can gorge and gorge and sup owt but never put an ounce on.   METABOLISM.