Sheffield City Hall / Ticketmaster : E Ticket Cannot Be Printed Out !

Chekhov

Just now, HeHasRisen said:

...none of which the consumer gives a rats arse about. 

Most customers may not care if the business they are using is having to pay extra for their purchase, you certainly wouldn't because you have repeatedly proven you have no empathy for anyone. 

However, even you might care if you could not buy what you wanted because of your refusal to carry any cash.

1 minute ago, Chekhov said:

Most customers may not care if the business they are using is having to pay extra for their purchase, you certainly wouldn't because you have repeatedly proven you have no empathy for anyone. 

However, even you might care if you could not buy what you wanted because of your refusal to carry any cash.

If a business makes card payments available, the vast majority of the population wouldnt give a toss about that businesses card processing fees. If you dont like the fee, dont offer it as a payment method, its that simple. Do you think Mavis cares that buying a can of beans on her card costs Asda 10p (or whatever)?

Also...where did I say I refused to carry cash? Find me the post please.

Edited by HeHasRisen

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

Because a COMPETANT business would build in those costs to the shelf prices to absorb those costs. 

You aren't, evidently, competant as a business owner because you not only add a surcharge for card use, you do it in the face that you know you are breaking the law with it. 

I mean if you don't think you're in the wrong, PM me the name of your business and I'll have a friend from TS pop over..

Edited by Resident

11 hours ago, Chekhov said:

No well run business would pay for a pint of milk with a company debit card, quite part from anything they'd get charged 35p in fees for doing so by their bank.

I don't think you've read my posts have you ?

My bank charges me 35p for all digital transactions BACS, card purchases and DDs. I would expect it'd be the same for pretty much all other business accounts.

Plus, of course, a well run business checks its bank statement (for example to ensure all transactions have been put through the books as allowable expenses) and if its stuffed with loads of extra ones (for a pint of milk or whatever), it obviously makes that a more time consuming process.

You are quite right. WELL RUN businesses have accounts for those sorts of things. They get daily or weekly deliveries from a Dairy or they incorporate it into their online supplies orders or they simply include it within their weekly grocery shop and take it to their workplace.

Its really not difficult.  Bloody hell, when I started out as a lowly office boy nearly 25 years ago we were paying without cash to the milkman and little paper shop who supplied the client waiting lounge.  

As for your whinging about bank statements..... you seem to make out that it's such a tedious burden on you as a business owner to check your incoming/outgoing. It's part of the job. If you don't like it either hire someone to do it for you or stop being a business owner.. A WELL RUN business will already be checking everything in and out as a matter of routine anyway. So I don't know why your grumbling about low value transactions. It's all part of the audit process whether it's a thousand or a penny.  It all has to be checked just as equally whether it's cash or electronic. How can reading a bank statement and checking off lower value transactions be any more or less time consuming then having to count out, bag up and bank cash.

• Like 2

On 09/02/2023 at 12:48, HeHasRisen said:

If a business makes card payments available, the vast majority of the population wouldnt give a toss about that businesses card processing fees. If you dont like the fee, dont offer it as a payment method, its that simple. Do you think Mavis cares that buying a can of beans on her card costs Asda 10p (or whatever)?

Also...where did I say I refused to carry cash? Find me the post please.

My previous post answers your points :

Most customers may not care if the business they are using is having to pay extra for their purchase, you certainly wouldn't because you have repeatedly proven you have no empathy for anyone. 

However, even you might care if you could not buy what you wanted because of your refusal to carry any cash.

You might not like it but there are still plenty of smaller places that do not accept cards, for example most of the doughnut, ice cream, burger kiosks at most seaside resorts.

If you want to cut off your nose to spite your face (after all, how inconvenient is it to keep £10 in your wallet ?) it's a free world.

On 09/02/2023 at 14:24, Resident said:

Because a COMPETANT business would build in those costs to the shelf prices to absorb those costs. 
You aren't, evidently, competant as a business owner because you not only add a surcharge for card use, you do it in the face that you know you are breaking the law with it. 
I mean if you don't think you're in the wrong, PM me the name of your business and I'll have a friend from TS pop over..

You've spelt competent wrong.

So, you want me to add 35p to the price of all our items under £1 ?

Or alternatively you want my other customers to subsidise people buying a soddin' £1 plug with a  card.

Or you want me to potentially lose money on a sale ?

Nope of those options seems fair to me.

If push comes to shove I'd just introduce a it £5 minimum invoice charge. Some customers would suffer but if it makes "Resident" on Sheffield Forum happy then I'm sure they'll think it's worth it

Edited by Chekhov

On 09/02/2023 at 21:34, ECCOnoob said:

you as a business owner to check your incoming/outgoing. It's part of the job. If you don't like it either hire someone to do it for you or stop being a business owner.. A WELL RUN business will already be checking everything in and out as a matter of routine anyway. So I don't know why your grumbling about low value transactions. It's all part of the audit process whether it's a thousand or a penny.  It all has to be checked just as equally whether it's cash or electronic. How can reading a bank statement and checking off lower value transactions be any more or less time consuming then having to count out, bag up and bank cash.

I do not want my bank statement chocked up with £1 transactions, which, to be honest, I really am not that bothered about having at all anyway. It's pretty much a service to the customer. Even worse when I am being charged 35p for each of those transactions by the bank, in addition to the card fees.

I have actually asked the card processing company, Global, if they can just pay in my transactions every few days, or even when a certain threshold has been surpassed, but "the computer says no". Which is rather at odds with your "modern technology can achieve anything" attitude.

On 09/02/2023 at 10:44, Meltman said:

I regularly see motorists paying by card for the toll at Dunham Bridge and that's 40p. I'd be surprised if the bridge company are only making 5p out of that transaction. 

You haven't been reading my posts have you :

On 08/02/2023 at 14:09, Chekhov said:

If you are buying from a business which puts loads through their machine they will still be paying extra for that purchase but probably not that much.

We don't put much through our machine, many's the day when only one purchase goes through it, so we then have to pay not only the fee from the card processing company but also the fee from my bank to pay that poxy £1 into my account, which for me is usually about 35p.

Edited by Chekhov

I doubt that the Dunham Bridge Company are getting charged 35p per transaction as you say you are, when the toll is 40p. I don't know this for fact and to be honest I'm not bothered as I always pay by cash. I also see people wanting a receipt for their 40p.!

15 minutes ago, Meltman said:

I doubt that the Dunham Bridge Company are getting charged 35p per transaction as you say you are, when the toll is 40p. I don't know this for fact and to be honest I'm not bothered as I always pay by cash. I also see people wanting a receipt for their 40p.!

That will be people claiming expenses, seems fair enough.