Sheffield City Hall / Ticketmaster : E Ticket Cannot Be Printed Out !

Chekhov

2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Because it is.  Google it.

Haven't got the time or inclination.

But in any case, what I meant was how can it be justified that, apparently, I am potentially forced to sell something at  a loss because some person can't be ***ed to bring one pound in with them  ?

But it's even worse than that, if that sale is the only one through card machine that day (most of our orders are Online) I then get an extra line on my bank statement with £1.00 on it, which I do not want. As a businessman I reconcile my bank statements and I don't want any transactions for £1 on there. 

Well I am not going to do it : pay with cash, or pay the surcharge, or get yourself down to Wilko for a poor quality plug.

Just now, Chekhov said:

Haven't got the time or inclination.

But in any case, what I meant was how can it be justified that, apparently, I am potentially forced to sell something at  a loss because some person can't be ***ed to bring one pound in with them  ?

Erm no, just say you cant sell it. It's that simple.

7 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Well your options are to take the payment on a card without adding anything on, or refuse to take the sale on a card.

Thats it.

"Normal people" in the year 2023 dont carry cash btw

https://news.samsung.com/uk/cash-is-checking-out-as-more-than-half-of-brits-dont-carry-it-according-to-new-research#:~:text=In fact%2C only 14 percent,using cash routinely these days.

Cash makes a comeback as average spender withdrew £1,500 last year

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/consumer-affairs/atm-withdrawals-rise-first-time-five-years-cash-use-soars/

But I don't care anyway, I think people who pay for £1 items with a card are weird. I try not to buy anything less than £10 with my card.

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Erm no, just say you cant sell it. It's that simple.

Tell you what, you come and tell them.

But you are wrong anyway, theoretically I can charge what I want for any of my stock, even if it has a price on it, though none of it does because we don't sell much stuff in the shop anyway.

Edited by Chekhov

7 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

But you are wrong anyway, theoretically I can charge what I want for any of my stock, even if it has a price on it, though none of it does because we don't sell much stuff in the shop anyway.

Missed this bit HHS.

This is all irrelevant, I'll just say I have decided to charge more for that item, it has just gone up.

PS This is all ballcox

Edited by Chekhov

13 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

So what do you want me to do about it ?

Charge the customer £5 for a £1 plug ?

Or just turn down the sale which I am perfectly at liberty to do ?  To be frank I'm not going to lose any sleep over the profit on a £1 plug. I guarantee you one thing the customer won't be happy about it though.

Why don't they just pay for a £1 purchase with cash like a normal person would.

But how can they have the right to tell me how I can sell my own stock ? This is supposed to be a free market not a command economy.

Supplementary point your honour : this is yet another example of yet more regulation.

What was I saying about modern life becoming MORE complicated ?

How long will it be before they regulate "congress" ?

You won't be happy about it when Trading Standards find out either. 

For one they'll request your sales records for at least the last 3-5 years & determine how many times you've broken the law. You'll then be subject to criminal proceedings which will invariably lead to a fine far in excess of the surcharges. 

Once this occurs it's likely that card service suppliers will then bar you from card payments as you've not only broken the law but their TOS as well. 

23 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Cash makes a comeback as average spender withdrew £1,500 last year

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/consumer-affairs/atm-withdrawals-rise-first-time-five-years-cash-use-soars/

But I don't care anyway, I think people who pay for £1 items with a card are weird. I try not to buy anything less than £10 with my card.

I thought the tap and go cards were meant for small purchases. 

I always buy my Sunday paper with it, cause I don't like carrying around my purse and all the loose change.

Oh dear...

Edited by Anna B

8 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I thought the tap and go cards were meant for small purchases. 

Contactless is anything up to £100, ignore him. He is just bitter because of the cost card transactions have to his business.

Edited by HeHasRisen

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Quite obviously they dont want people to bother with printouts so have disabled the option...

There are 2 types of people who buy the online tickets- those who don't want to print them out, and, those who do.

If a print option is provided here's no bother to the first group- they won't be looking for a print option.

No bother to the second group either, as they do want to print so having the option is good.

Clearly the motivation is nothing to do with bothering people.

The only thing that will/is causing bother, is the absence of the print option.