Sheffield City Hall / Ticketmaster : E Ticket Cannot Be Printed Out !

Chekhov

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

To be fair, you cant really "print" off a mobile anyway, 

Well, you can, via wifi or bluetooth.

3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

..., so its a needless thing to restrict. Just take a screenshot of it and email it to a laptop and print it from there.

Yet they have restricted it, and no one seems to be able to justify it.

Why restrict something if it provides no benefit to anyone, and annoys some people?

The only reason clearly is they dont want a load of people fannying around with printouts at the venue. Anyone desperate for a printout can go and buy one from the ticket office during their opening hours, seems fair.

If you cant/dont want to do that, so be it.

Edited by HeHasRisen

Just now, HeHasRisen said:

The only reason clearly is they dont want a load of people fannying around with printouts at the venue. Anyone desperate for a printout can go and buy one from the ticket office during their opening hours, seems fair.

Doesn't seem 'fair' to me to make a person spend a significant part of their day traveling into town, messing around with parking/public transport, queueing etc, when the provision of a print option would enable them to have the printout in a matter of seconds.

Just now, onewheeldave said:

Doesn't seem 'fair' to me to make a person spend a significant part of their day traveling into town, messing around with parking/public transport, queueing etc, when the provision of a print option would enable them to have the printout in a matter of seconds.

Or, do the workarounds I suggested. I can take a screenshot on my phone and print it out whenever I want, unless its a screenshot of my banking app (which it doesnt let me do so I have to use the browser to log into that bank if I want to do a screenshot)

Dont look for problems, look for solutions.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Resident said:

You won't be happy about it when Trading Standards find out either. 

For one they'll request your sales records for at least the last 3-5 years & determine how many times you've broken the law. You'll then be subject to criminal proceedings which will invariably lead to a fine far in excess of the surcharges. 

Once this occurs it's likely that card service suppliers will then bar you from card payments as you've not only broken the law but their TOS as well. 

I agree with that.

Bearing mind I can charge what I want for my own stock (whether I call it a min inv charge, or a min card inv charge, or just a price rise) I cannot see how this is all of more than academic interest, or, more likely, arguing for the sake of it.

And if "Trading Standards" have got the time or even inclination to be farting about with a shop charging a 50p surcharge for items under £5  they cannot have much to do, so get rid of them altogether.

BTW, with ref to modern technology is wonderful and makes life so much easier...

For significant periods over the last few weeks we have been unable to take card payments anyway because our new fangled WiFi card machine combined with our new "everything through one internet only phone" line has given us huge reliability problems.

According to two Openreach engineers we didn't even need all that unreliable "updated" phone lines crap, apparently "it'll be years before normal phone lines are abolished in Sheffield"

Edited by Chekhov

13 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Or, do the workarounds I suggested. I can take a screenshot on my phone and print it out whenever I want, unless its a screenshot of my banking app (which it doesnt let me do so I have to use the browser to log into that bank if I want to do a screenshot)

I do- the solution is for these companies to stop making people jump through pointless hoops and provide a print option :)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

That sounds like American manager speak writ large.

But anyway, I thought you were saying modern technology made life simpler, so why should we have to spend time doing that anyway ?

1 minute ago, Chekhov said:

That sounds like American manager speak writ large.

But anyway, I thought you were saying modern technology made life simpler, so why should we have to spend time doing that anyway ?

I dont, as I have had phones that allow me to show the ticket for at least 12 years now, maybe longer. 

If you dont want to, then you may have some inconvenience, its that simple.

For what its worth, I still print out boarding passes when I dont need to. But if that option was taken away, I wouldnt care less tbh.

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

If you cant/dont want to do that, so be it.

Now, what was it I was saying the other day about these people who only had empathy for people who think like they do......

On the subject of fairness, if someone chooses to pay for my goods in a way which costs me more money, maybe more than the profit on the sale, it seems fair, I should be able to charge them more, wouldn't you think ?