How Many Sheffielders Will Be Helping Mr Hunt?

7 hours ago, Anna B said:

That all depends on your health which gradually declines from 50 onwards, and the work you do.. At 50 I was fine, by 56 my health had deteriorated dramatically.

I know people at 80 in great health who could work. That doesn't mean all 80 year olds are capable.

I did say that ‘working, for those of us who are healthy, is normal’.  Of course there are much younger people with different conditions and disabilities that can be barriers to finding and/or continuing to work.   Individual circumstances vary hugely, including one’s attitude.   

2 hours ago, bassett one said:

just answer the question he asked for ideas ect,how do we find workers to fill the jobs? or is it all lies that there are jobs out there

Long shot - reverse Brexit?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bassett one said:

just answer the question he asked for ideas ect,how do we find workers to fill the jobs? or is it all lies that there are jobs out there

What does Geoff from Lowedges Forum say?

well i conclude as the unemployed dont want the jobs and as lots of over 50s took the goverment advice to cash in there pensions and retire,thats there choice and most would,as a friend of mine a doctor said retire at 50 or 60 if you can as its the best time to guarantee a few years enjoyment,the only way is to import labourers from abroad ,but the problem is the ones that came before have found other work,so the countrys got a problem to solve.i trust mr hunt will have to come up with other ideas.so thats it await his ideas as he said he had some to announce at the spring budget.i expect it will be keep more money and work more hours for the unemployed from the universal credit,but then comes another problem with low paid workers not on the universal credit.hes best asking for workers from abroad to come here to live , but that would cause even more trouble,i await hid budget ideas.

• 4 weeks later...