Policemen Getting Arrogant.

42 minutes ago, S35_2o21 said:

The media prefer to report any negative story over a positive one! 

In all seriousness, police officers have the power to make most people's lives incredibly difficult. The police force needs some serious consideration how to overcome some cultural issues. The level of trust in the police and the criminal justice system must be at an all time low. 

I hope that any 'reform' isn't an excuse for further defunding of the police by the Home office as a punishment. 

With respect even bad police officers do not make most people's lives incredibly difficult. 

Circa ten years ago I received a visit from a female police sergeant and her young male colleague. She informed me that she believed I had assaulted a man, causing him actual damage. I told her that she was correct, albeit the man in question had taken a flying kick at my old dog whilst out on a countryside walk, I gave him a damned good hiding and told him that he ever touched my dog again he was in for a trip to the hospital. The sergeant said that she was charging me with causing this 40 year old guy actual bodily harm, I countered by stating that I was a Rheumatoid Arthritis sufferer in my late sixties of impeccable character and wondered what a magistrate would make of it.

The sergeant and her colleague reluctantly left with their pride badly damaged, my guess is that the 40 year old was one of them, past or present, I never saw him again and no charges were brought against me, I hope that it taught them a lesson.