Arundel Gate Northbound Getting A Bus Gate

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

I found an answer for you. 

"The income from Penalty Charge Notices pays the cost of the enforcement. This includes the administration staff involved in collecting the fines, maintenance of signs and lines and other associated costs. Any surplus remaining after deduction of costs has to go towards measures to improve public transport or other highway associated improvements"

Same applies for every council. 

yep, heard that semi-meaningless guff before.

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Which is odd as when the original city centre circular was binned, people were straight on here to moan the toss. 

Bizarre. 

The problem is that there aren't the attractions for people to visit the city centre. There are the Millenium Galleries, Lyceum and Crucible in the snooker season.

3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Which is odd as when the original city centre circular was binned, people were straight on here to moan the toss. 

Bizarre. 

And plenty of people have since bemoaned the fact that we didn’t have a free city centre circular bus like they have in Manchester.

6 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Can't even fill a minibus!

Because it goes nowhere not already covered by an existing service.

1 minute ago, Planner1 said:

And plenty of people have since bemoaned the fact that we didn’t have a free city centre circular bus like they have in Manchester.

It isn't 'free ', though.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Agree Irene's comment was stupid, but it is still woolly.

Use of surplus income from bus lane / gate penalties is tightly regulated by statute.

In Sheffield, certainly while I was there, it was always spent on public transport related measures. This was always documented in case of challenge.

• Like 1

Just now, Planner1 said:

Use of surplus income from bus lane / gate penalties is tightly regulated by statute.

In Sheffield, certainly while I was there, it was always spent on public transport related measures. This was always documented in case of challenge.

I refer you to the 'Trees' incident.