Arundel Gate Northbound Getting A Bus Gate

Just now, Planner1 said:

Would it be well used if it was?

Probably not - but we all know it was a Jarvis/Fox vanity project, anyway.

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

It is for the cohort of people likely to use it, mind. 

As are all stage-carriage services.

Just now, Irene Swaine said:

If the 'Connect' bus actually went on to the grounds of the railway station, it might attract more custom. The taxis do a roaring trade in the drop off zone.

Sorry, Irene - we've already demolished that theory.

Just now, Planner1 said:

I recall many people asking why we didn’t have one, so I can understand politicians wanting to introduce it.

So can I - but the problems with politicians is that they don't really think.

I think the main problem of the Connect bus is that it's about as frequent as Halley's comet.  I reckon in all the months its been running I've seen it about four times.   Plus it look like a mobility bus used by social services. 

Also strange, according to The Star story, a number of councillors, including the Lib Dems leader had no idea that the fine was £70?

Edited by Baron99

1 minute ago, Baron99 said:

I think the main problem of the Connect bus is that it's about as frequent as Halley's comet. 

Also strange, according to The Star story, a number of councillors, including the Lib Dems leader had no idea that the fine was £70?

I would say the main problem with the 'Connect' service is that it is a white elephant.

• Like 1