Phoning Abroad.

alan p

I'm needing some help please, I use a £5 bundle per month for free calls and free messages and 3gb of data.I'm with Asda mobile. It's a Samsung A10 phone.   I have tried to call and message a friend in Spain but it doesn't connect.  Can someone tell me what I need to be switched on to be able to make calls abroad. I hope I have explained myself properly. Thanks Alan

Can I call abroad from the UK on Asda Mobile?

Yes, although international calling from the UK is not included in Asda’s plans. You should refer to Asda Mobile's website for information on rates for specific countries before making any call

https://www.cable.co.uk/mobiles/sim-only/providers/asda/

Are you 100% including +34 at the start of the phone number?

If so, ring Customer Services as there may be a block on your account you have to remove, just ring 2732

As an aside, the calls will cost 15p per minute to ring a Spanish landline.  

Anyway, did you say "message"? That must mean you are ringing a mobile. Why dont you just both download Whatsapp and then you can call for free to your hearts content? Assuming you arent both using "brick" phones.

Edited by HeHasRisen

Hello Dromedary,

My bundle does allow international calls but I have to set it up on Asda account. I think then it will be connected all the time which I didn't want to do.  Thanks for the help given.

Hello HeHasRisen,

My friend doesn't have internet on his phone or at home. I already use WhatsApp.  Alan

22 minutes ago, alan p said:

Hello Dromedary,

My bundle does allow international calls but I have to set it up on Asda account. I think then it will be connected all the time which I didn't want to do.  Thanks for the help given.

Hello HeHasRisen,

My friend doesn't have internet on his phone or at home. I already use WhatsApp.  Alan

What phone is it? All phones bar "brick phones" have data capabilities these days, including some level of mobile data, even in Spain.

You must mean he has a brick phone that can only receive calls and SMS messages.

As for being "connected all the time", thats not a huge issue, all it means is everytime you want to ring your friend in Spain you wont have this palaver again.

Edited by HeHasRisen