'Boycott Hogwarts Computer Game' (Because Of 'Trans Rights', Apparently)

Oh come on, is there really anyone who doesn't think the world is accelerating into insanity ?

This post isn't just about Trans rights (something hardly anyone had even heard of 10 or 20 years ago), it's about virtue signalling BS generally, and how far will it all go ?

I, and my work colleagues, could not believe what we were reading when an article in The Times (30 Jan 23 p3) reported that "Gamers" were calling for a boycott of the new Hogwarts computer game because of J K Rowling's stance that "women's rights" should trump "Trans rights". 

Some of the stuff is beyond belief, who are these virtue signalling bozos ? And do they really think any but a relatively small minority agrees with their extreme cobblers ?

Get this ! :

Jessie Earl a trans journalist and YouTuber whose channel has 200,000 subscribers (apparently) tweeted "any support of Hogwart's Legacy [the game] is harmful".

EVEN WORSE.....

Will Overgard, a full time games payer on the Twitch platform (I'm already thinking he's hardly someone to look up to) called for a complete boycott of the Hogwarts game, he argued that "by supporting the title you are essentially aligning yourself with some really heinous transphobic values".

I think he wants to get out more, he's obviously spending too much time on his computer games and getting more and more divorced from reality.

Edited by Chekhov

Trans folk certainly love to hold a grudge and try and ruin anyone who doesn't agree with them, and even those who have the loosest association.

I don't fall into one camp or the other when its comes to trans matters, but because I like the Strike detective series I'm a TERF enabler apparently!

4 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Trans folk certainly love to hold a grudge and try and ruin anyone who doesn't agree with them, and even those who have the loosest association.

What I find mind numbingly hypocritical is these do gooder PC types who spend their lives virtue signalling and bleating about how they don't want anyone to have to be upset about anything, are first to start being personal and insulting people. I pretty much guarantee they'll start doing it on here before too long.

It was the top-selling game on Steam last time I checked, and it's not even out yet.   Ignore the attention-seeking boswellox. Can't wait to play it. 

Oh, and remember to #BeKind

I'm all for treating people with respect, however these days folks like to get offended by anything, sometimes not because they are actually offended but because they are being sheep.

I'll still have a go at the game, I've been following updates for ages, it looks like great fun, even for someone who isn't a major Harry Potter fan.