'Boycott Hogwarts Computer Game' (Because Of 'Trans Rights', Apparently)

22 minutes ago, XPertByExperien said:

More nonsense rhetoric from the left about a total non-issue, it's a video game for chuff sake, just enjoy the gaming.

I'm the left.  JK Rowling is the left.  You need to look a bit closer.

• 2 weeks later...

How's that boycott going, part 2:  ‘Hogwarts Legacy’ Earns $850 Million, Sells More Than 12 Million Units in First Two Weeks

“Hogwarts Legacy” has wingardium leviosa-ed Warner Bros. Games’ sales, earning $850 million in global sales and moving more than 12 million units in just its first two weeks post-launch on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S and PC, according to numbers released Thursday by the video game company.

That marks the biggest global launch ever for the Warner Bros. Discovery-owned brand, with the “Harry Potter” action role-playing game also setting the Twitch record for single-player games with 1.28 million peak concurrent viewers at launch.

As Variety previously reported, “Hogwarts Legacy” opened with stunning player engagement, topping 267 million hours played from launch on Feb. 10 through Feb. 21. On Thursday, Warner Bros. Games revealed the game had broken company records with 280 million hours played to date.

Per Warner Bros. Discovery, “Additionally, there has been an increase of global franchise fan engagement overall with Wizarding World Digital garnering 300% higher traffic over the normal monthly unique visitor average for the first 10 days of February.”

1 hour ago, alchemist said:

Just goes to show that the LGBT community dont have the power it imagines it has :)

I think it's more a small but loud subset, and another lesson (and stop me if I've said this before) that Twitter is not real life.

• 1 year later...

Completely forgot to update this thread with this: Hogwarts Legacy was the best selling game of 2023, selling 22 million copies and becoming the best selling game ever for WB.  The first time in fifteen years or so that either a Rockstar game or a Call Of Duty title, has not topped the list.