Tv Will Only Show Bbc 2

pattricia

14 hours ago, RollingJ said:

@pattricia- does the on/off/standby light on the TV react to you pressing the remote?

It does but with a different remote control.

Right! Here we go !

Ive got a tv in my sitting room that is stuck on BBC 2 and will not change Chanel’s with the remote control

Ive checked the batteries in the remote control and they are working

The button to change Chanel’s on the remote control seems a little worn down as I use it a lot.

I have a television in another room that works on every Chanel but with a different remote control

I am going to get my son to change these tvs over.

Got it ?

13 minutes ago, pattricia said:

It does but with a different remote control.

Right! Here we go !

Ive got a tv in my sitting room that is stuck on BBC 2 and will not change Chanel’s with the remote control

Ive checked the batteries in the remote control and they are working

The button to change Chanel’s on the remote control seems a little worn down as I use it a lot.

I have a television in another room that works on every Chanel but with a different remote control

I am going to get my son to change these tvs over.

Got it ?

I wasn't the one querying you, Pat - a certain 'electronics wizard' was. This explanation makes me wonder if the channel-change buttons circuitry might be worn, but if you are going to swap TV's, it seems pointless worrying about it.

Best of luck.

Edited by RollingJ

34 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I wasn't the one querying you, Pat - a certain 'electronics wizard' was. This explanation makes me wonder if the channel-change buttons circuitry might be worn, but if you are going to swap TV's, it seems pointless worrying about it.

Best of luck.

No problem. I’m pleased with any suggestions I get on here. Only one I didn’t answer and they asked” Was there an orange or yellow light on the outside of the  set that won’t change Chanel’s, and the answer is no,there isn’t one. As you say, best to just change the sets over.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fools said:

is it, then why hasn't the thread been updated to reflect that

Because - and happens on a lot of forums, to my aggravation too - once it's sorted, the OP vanishes. I only know because I followed the thread, and the OP made her intentions clear.

On 02/02/2023 at 09:51, pattricia said:

No problem. I’m pleased with any suggestions I get on here. Only one I didn’t answer and they asked” Was there an orange or yellow light on the outside of the  set that won’t change Chanel’s, and the answer is no,there isn’t one. As you say, best to just change the sets over.

Quick tip for you Pattricia, if it happens again or you think it isnt working then put your camera (either phone or tablet) on and look at the bulb on the remote. if the remote is working it will flash when you press a button. If it doesnt then its a remote issue and replace it with one of the generic ones you can get