Is Taiwan Teetering On The Edge Of War?

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

After the recent agreements between Russia and China I think there's a good chance of WWIII even if China don't invade Taiwan. Its been suggested America is actively preparing for war against Russia and China. I'll be honest, I was a bit surprised to hear that and I hope it's wrong.

Nothing surprises me anymore. We have to just get on with living and hope for the best.

4 hours ago, hauxwell said:

China has been simulating hitting key targets on Taiwan.  All these military drills are very worrying.  That’s all we need, China invading Taiwan.  
At times you have to think the worlds gone mad.

If they're practising invading and hitting certain targets, can't the Taiwanese take appropriate defensive measures?

2 hours ago, geared said:

If they're practising invading and hitting certain targets, can't the Taiwanese take appropriate defensive measures?

The difference in the size of their armed forces is extreme. I doubt Taiwan would last the distance and the loss of life would be catastrophic. 

It doesn't bare thinking about.

12 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

The difference in the size of their armed forces is extreme. I doubt Taiwan would last the distance and the loss of life would be catastrophic. 

It's crazy isn't it Daddy,

World war 3 certainly looks on the agenda...

And our great World leaders keep banging on about Climate Change and how it will affect our lives,,

Climate change is way down my list of priorities.

Just now, Padders said:

It's crazy isn't it Daddy,

World war 3 certainly looks on the agenda...

And our great World leaders keep banging on about Climate Change and how it will affect our lives,,

Climate change is way down my list of priorities.

Crazy indeed matey. I've just been watching a video of the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia being none to complementary about Biden then went on to say He isn't  interested in helping America anymore..

He's big friends with Putin too 😬

It could be suggested that Partnerships are forming, sides are being taken and its now only a matter of time before shots are fired. If we Include Ukraine where American drones, planes and satellites are providing intelligence,  US servicemen are doing the targeting for the Ukrainian missiles, British servicemen are training the Ukrainian troops (what's left anyway) and Poland has lost an undisclosed number (allegedly in the 1000s) of troops then it could be argued the first shots of a global conflict have been fired already.

• Like 1

'Is Taiwan Teetering On The Edge Of War?' 

Yes they are.  No the Chinese won't teeter over for fear of retaliation. 

At the first sign of war, we'll all stop buying cheap, plastic manufactureres goods & Apple I-phones &associated products & the Chinese economy collapses. 

Edited by Baron99

10 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

True, but the exact same thing was said about Ukraine and Russia.

Taiwan's military exists solely to defend against a Chinese attack, it's got no other reason for being.  So you'd hope they are a little bit better prepared than normal.

I hope they've used the last year to really bolster defences, train their military and make preparations, the warning signs have been visible that China is thinking about an invasion.

Edited by geared