The Lady Vanishes.

Guest ThaBoom

Guest ThaBoom
26 minutes ago, cressida said:

I'm surprised that her dog wasn't barking at the riverside when the police arrived,  or maybe he was!!

I was thinking if the dog saw her 'fall'  then it would have barked going towards where she was last seen.

3 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

That’s my thoughts to. 

I dog walk daily in what is a quite isolated area of the Peak District National Park. Being of an age that requires regular urination I often attempt to get behind cover and more often than not another dog walker appears.

5 hours ago, ThaBoom said:

Thats true- many get attacked randomly or fall victim to someone,  day or night.

But, I'd advise against going out in dark especially into any isolated area. My wife just about goes to the bin outside house when it's dark 😆 

I have to go with her if she wants to walk, which is right. 

It's too early to say if this person has been a victim of some sort, or as others commented, simply had an accident and can only be under that river.

I think that's terrible advice, millions of old people are afraid to go out at night, to evening classes, dancing, pubs, seeing friends etc, while the chances of anything happening are miniscule. It's all hype and newspaper bull and it's ruining the life of millions. The same overexaggerated risks are keeping youngsters from enjoying the outdoors too.

Guest ThaBoom
1 hour ago, cressida said:

Don't think she'd have jumped in unless the dog was actually in the water,  and if the dog had jumped in the water because she'd fallen in it would have been wet.

Also just read a piece from The Guardian 

Police investigating the disappearance of Nicola Bulley are working on the assumption she fell into a river while on a work call and walking her dog

I'm no detective,  but her phone was found on the bench and dog harness.

So there's no way she fell whilst on the phone and walking her dog!

This incident has caused a great deal of confusion.  Those searching the river believe if she had fallen in the river she would have been found by now.  I do not blame the lady's family and friends calling for an open mind.

Edited by Axe