The Lady Vanishes.

Guest ThaBoom

1 hour ago, Longcol said:

The provenance of the phone should be simple for the police to check.

Decoy meaning her phone left there to confuse the search, (Reggie Perrin) not some random phone

Edited by fools

I wasn't the one suggesting it was a decoy, I merely pointed out that the provenance of a mobile phone is unlikely to be in question - the first thing they'll have done would be to pull every single bit of data from it, so someone plonking a random phone on a bench to misdirect an investigation would be a futile gesture.

we are told she was spotted walking beyond the bench ... so it would be interesting to know the route, whether the phone was also at that spot, and then it was left on the bench on the return journey.

the river looks calm, and easy to escape from if someone slipped down a bank.

if you did want to vanish .. you'd leave your phone behind

someone found the dog 10 minutes after the phone was left on the bench, seems a short time for an accident to happen with no shouts for help etc.

Edited by fools

Guest ThaBoom
18 minutes ago, cressida said:

was  the dog harnessed to the bench?  In which case the dog couldn't have followed her.

No, the dog was loose.

Its harness was found I think near the bench.

Like the search leader said " this is baffling"

If she's not in the river then may be in fields if was attacked- or we don't even know if she wanted to 'vanish'.

Sometimes things are not as rosy as they appear on the outside.

Take the recent murder of the head teacher at Epsom college- now believed to be committed by her husband (who also killed the 7 year old daughter).

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-surrey-64544884

Edited by ThaBoom
Link

The speculation on local FB pages is ridiculous.  I've heard people claim she owns or used to own the nearby caravan site, which is closed for the season and that police should force open every caravan and search all these empty abandoned houses that seem to litter the area.

13 hours ago, ThaBoom said:

No, the dog was loose.

Its harness was found I think near the bench.

Like the search leader said " this is baffling"

That's the leader of the diving search team who does appear to have been given free rein by sections of the press to put forward his personal "theories".