The Lady Vanishes.

Guest ThaBoom

Guest ThaBoom
On 09/02/2023 at 22:16, Longcol said:

That's the leader of the diving search team who does appear to have been given free rein by sections of the press to put forward his personal "theories".

True , but he has made some sense- for example he was surprised the area where Nicola supposedly disappeared (near the bench) hadn't been sealed off.

I saw some pictures in the Independent, where a member of the public was just sitting on the same bench, watching the police/ search team in the river!

This is where the phone was found, that area should potentially be a crime scene if all other theories of her falling into the river are unfounded.

Edited by ThaBoom

8 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

24 thousand people dead in Turkey suddenly puts one missing (not confirmed dead) woman into perspective for me. It needn't be such a big national news story like it is - unless the police have good reason to think otherwise it is just a local issue.

Stop trying to bring common sense into the equation, you know that it doesn’t work.

51 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

24 thousand people dead in Turkey suddenly puts one missing (not confirmed dead) woman into perspective for me. It needn't be such a big national news story like it is - unless the police have good reason to think otherwise it is just a local issue.

And Syria !!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, HumbleNarrator said:

The police made it a bigger story by quickly concluding the missing lady had fallen in the river.  

The lady's friends and family have done the correct thing by having an open mind about what has happened to the lady.

Edited by Axe
added

I see on the news that family & friends have tied yellow ribbons to a bridge not far from where Nicola Bulley was last seen.  

The local police have previously issued a dispersal order to the area but I wonder where hundreds, if not thousands, will be heading to in the next few days with their mobiles at the ready for the selfie photo ops?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-64656669

Missing mother Nicola Bulley had "significant issues" with alcohol brought on by her ongoing struggles with the menopause, police have said.

The 45-year-old went missing on 27 January during a riverside dog walk in St Michael's on Wyre.

Officers said Ms Bulley had been considered a high-risk missing person from the start of the investigation.

Lancashire Police said it was called to a concern for welfare report at her home last month.

Health professionals also attended on 10 January, the force said, adding no arrests were made but it was being investigated.

Edited by cressida

6 minutes ago, cressida said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-64656669

Missing mother Nicola Bulley had "significant issues" with alcohol brought on by her ongoing struggles with the menopause, police have said.

The 45-year-old went missing on 27 January during a riverside dog walk in St Michael's on Wyre.

Officers said Ms Bulley had been considered a high-risk missing person from the start of the investigation.

Lancashire Police said it was called to a concern for welfare report at her home last month.

Health professionals also attended on 10 January, the force said, adding no arrests were made but it was being investigated.

I can not criticise the police for revealing this new information to the public but I do criticise them for making it public in the early days after the lady went missing they believed she had fallen into the river.  The police should keep certain information including their opinion of their belief of their best guess private secret from the media.

• Like 1