The Lady Vanishes.

Guest ThaBoom

I was listening to the radio this evening, and where Nicola Bulley went missing has become a mecca for 'rubber-neckers'; people taking selfies on the bench where her mobile phone was found.

I just find it so macabre that some members of the public would go out of their way to do this....What is wrong with some people?

Edited by Mister M
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Axe said:

I can not criticise the police for revealing this new information to the public but I do criticise them for making it public in the early days after the lady went missing they believed she had fallen into the river.  The police should keep certain information including their opinion of their belief of their best guess private secret from the media.

The Police are beggared if they do and beggared if they don’t, I feel for her family.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mister M said:

I was listening to the radio this evening, and where Nicola Bulley went missing has become a mecca for 'rubber-neckers'; people taking selfies on the bench where her mobile phone was found.

I just find it so macabre that some members of the public would go out of their way to do this....What is wrong with some people?

It's moronic isn't it.

I was watching a rescue team in Turkey on the news last night pulling someone out and putting them on a stretcher. There must have been about 20 people scrambling to hold the stretcher and most of them had their phones in their hands taking pictures, desperate to have a memento of " I was there helping"

Guest ThaBoom
12 hours ago, cressida said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-64656669

Missing mother Nicola Bulley had "significant issues" with alcohol brought on by her ongoing struggles with the menopause, police have said.

The 45-year-old went missing on 27 January during a riverside dog walk in St Michael's on Wyre.

Officers said Ms Bulley had been considered a high-risk missing person from the start of the investigation.

Lancashire Police said it was called to a concern for welfare report at her home last month.

Health professionals also attended on 10 January, the force said, adding no arrests were made but it was being investigated.

Does change the possibilities now of what could have happened 🤔 

She could have slipped down the bank next to the river, it’s not flat looking at pictures. She has a drink problem and I thought the police said they don’t know if she was drinking alcohol before she went on her walk.  I think she let her dog off the lead to exercise.

Conservative MP Alicia Kearns said on Twitter that she was "deeply uncomfortable with the police releasing Nicola Bulley's so-called 'vulnerabilities' on menopause and alcohol" and was struggling to "ascertain how this will assist police in their search and investigations".

I wonder about that too,  would her partner have revealed the information, can't imagine they've gone to her G.P.

52 minutes ago, cressida said:

Conservative MP Alicia Kearns said on Twitter that she was "deeply uncomfortable with the police releasing Nicola Bulley's so-called 'vulnerabilities' on menopause and alcohol" and was struggling to "ascertain how this will assist police in their search and investigations".

I wonder about that too,  would her partner have revealed the information, can't imagine they've gone to her G.P.

By revealing the information the police maybe think a friend or associate of the lady may come forward with some new information to help with the mystery.  

• Like 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-64665835

Her family said she would not have wanted the information released, but that police had kept them informed.

In a new statement, they said: "As a family, we were aware beforehand that Lancashire Police, last night, released a statement with some personal details about our Nikki.

"Although we know that Nikki would not have wanted this, there are people out there speculating and threatening to sell stories about her. This is appalling and needs to stop.

"The police know the truth about Nikki and now the public need to focus on finding her."

Edited by cressida

1 hour ago, cressida said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-64665835

Her family said she would not have wanted the information released, but that police had kept them informed.

In a new statement, they said: "As a family, we were aware beforehand that Lancashire Police, last night, released a statement with some personal details about our Nikki.

"Although we know that Nikki would not have wanted this, there are people out there speculating and threatening to sell stories about her. This is appalling and needs to stop.

"The police know the truth about Nikki and now the public need to focus on finding her."

I think whoever is threatening to profit from the Nicola Bulley's case by selling stories about her need to be brought to book, charged and let them be the victim of press intrusion. 

As if the woman's family haven't got enough on their plate without idiot members of the public.

• Like 1