'Online Misogyny' Set To Be Outlawed

On 21/02/2023 at 19:40, Mister M said:

2 women are killed each week by their violent partners.

That's murder, and should be dealt with as such.

The fact is that living with someone can cause great stress and, particularly for men, that can come out as aggression, for women it's more often upset which can last a long time.  I think much domestic violence can be explained by the differences in men and women's nature. Many men, when suffering extreme stress and provacation, become aggressive, women do not so much. If two men are arguing they will push it till they sense the other man could be about to snap and get violent, then they will back off (whilst still trying to save face if possible...). Women, on the other hand, do not seem to pick up on the signals that a man might be on the verge of snapping and I think that is one of the main reasons for domestic violence. I am sure the usual suspects will come on here shocked at what I have said because they feel it is putting some onus on the woman for what happens, but I am equally certain many men will privately think he's got something there.

I am not excusing violence in any way, but why do women become involved with violent and/or physically agressive men anyway ?

Edited by Chekhov

31 minutes ago, Mister M said:

As for a register of domestic abusers. Good.

Similarly for a register of serial philanderers ? They're even bigger scumbags as they're doing it behined the others back, and they probably cause just as much upset, in fact probably more.

Tell me MM, is there any regulation / edict / ban in modern society that you think is a bit OTT ? 

I'm guessing not, but you could prove me wrong.

Edited by Chekhov

45 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

That's murder, and should be dealt with as such.

The fact is that living with someone can cause great stress and, particularly for men, that can come out as aggression, for women it's more often upset which can last a long time.  I think much domestic violence can be explained by the differences in men and women's nature. Many men, when suffering extreme stress and provacation, become aggressive, women do not so much. If two men are arguing they will push it till they sense the other man could be about to snap and get violent, then they will back off (whilst still trying to save face if possible...). Women, on the other hand, do not seem to pick up on the signals that a man might be on the verge of snapping and I think that is one of the main reasons for domestic violence. I am sure the usual suspects will come on here shocked at what I have said because they feel it is putting some onus on the woman for what happens, but I am equally certain many men will privately think he's got something there.

I am not excusing violence in any way, but why do women become involved with violent and/or physically agressive men anyway ?

I suspect the answer is as  individual and subtle to the people concerned. 

However, I suspect that some men who are controlling when looking for partners may be are attracted to partners who are vulnerable, or passive. I wonder if there is an element of grooming as well. Just like adults on the look out for children who they can sexually exploit, they will pick the ones who feel the neediest, the ones who feel they're not looked after in some way. 

Like I say, I'm not a psychologist, but some people are good at sniffing out vulnerability, and some people are less assertive and more vulnerable than others.

28 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Similarly for a register of serial philanderers ? They're even bigger scumbags as they're doing it behined the others back, and they probably cause just as much upset, in fact probably more.

Tell me MM, is there any regulation / edict / ban in modern society that you think is a bit OTT ? 

I'm guessing not, but you could prove me wrong.

Registers are only needed because there is a problem. I think domestic violence has existed since time began, it's just that existing ways of dealing with the problem haven't worked.

5 minutes ago, Mister M said:

>>Chekhov said Similarly for a register of serial philanderers ? They're even bigger scumbags as they're doing it behined the others back, and they probably cause just as much upset, in fact probably more.

I'm guessing not, but you could prove me wrong.<<

Registers are only needed because there is a problem. I think domestic violence has existed since time began, it's just that existing ways of dealing with the problem haven't worked.

>>Registers are only needed because there is a problem<<

So you don't think someone, esp someone with kids, "messing about" behind his (or her) back is a problem ?

>>Tell me MM, is there any regulation / edict / ban in modern society that you think is a bit OTT ? 

I'm guessing not, but you could prove me wrong.<<

You didn't answer this question MM.

22 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I suspect the answer is as  individual and subtle to the people concerned. 

However, I suspect that some men who are controlling when looking for partners may be are attracted to partners who are vulnerable, or passive. I wonder if there is an element of grooming as well. Just like adults on the look out for children who they can sexually exploit, they will pick the ones who feel the neediest, the ones who feel they're not looked after in some way. 

I think we are avoiding difficult issues here about what causes agression and violence in the home.

Basically men are more physical abnd women more psychological / verbal.

I doubt very much any partner hits the other from nothing. It's far more likley it's a result of a raging argiment, which may well have been going on for sometime, maybe, on and off, for days. And, because it takes place in the home the other partner cannot get away from it and is pushed to snap if the first one does not stop the arguing / shouting.

Here's a hypothetical scenario, if one partner screams in the face of the other non stop for, say, 10 minutes, and the other partner then snaps and hits them. Does the first partner bear any respnsibility for that outcome ? If you say no you are saying psychological abuse is fine where physical abuse is not under any circumstances. For me psychological abuse is, if anything, even worse than physical abuse (excluding serious assault obviously). In fcat, TBH, in the aforementioned scenario, I'd rather my partner slapped me than scream in my face for 10 minutes and/or argue with me for hours (or even days) on end.

Edited by Chekhov

30 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I think we are avoiding difficult issues here about what causes agression and violence in the home.

Basically men are more physical abnd women more psychological / verbal.

I doubt very much any partner hits the other from nothing. It's far more likley it's a result of a raging argiment, which may well have been going on for sometime, maybe, on and off, for days. And, because it takes place in the home the other partner cannot get away from it and is pushed to snap if the first one does not stop the arguing / shouting.

Here's a hypothetical scenario, if one partner screams in the face of the other non stop for, say, 10 minutes, and the other partner then snaps and hits them. Does the first partner bear any respnsibility for that outcome ? If you say no you are saying psychological abuse is fine where physical abuse is not under any circumstances. For me psychological abuse is, if anything, even worse than physical abuse (excluding serious assault obviously). In fcat, TBH, in the aforementioned scenario, I'd rather my partner slapped me than scream in my face for 10 minutes and/or argue with me for hours (or even days) on end.

Clearly you have no first hand experience of domestic abuse. I'm genuinely happy about that 

You're wrong on this though.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

I have a big scar in my eyebrow that would disagree with you.

But you carry on with your vile, deluded, victim blaming posts 👍🏻

There really is stuff you cannot say withiout getting the usual suspects outrage, it's very sad.

Just out of interest, do you think phsychological abuse exists ?

Are you saying someone just hit you whilst for no reason whatsoever ?

Had he, I'm assuming it was a he, never given any incling he might do such a thing before ?

Edited by Chekhov

44 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Clearly you have no first hand experience of domestic abuse. I'm genuinely happy about that 

You're wrong on this though.

I have has some experience of this TD.

One of my previous girlfriends used to sometimes go on at me so much I literally used to have to run out into the street to get away as it was winding me up so much and I really was losing it. She literally seemed to have no idea how angry I was getting, or if she did it made no difference. On and on and on she used to go, for hours sometimes, on and off for soddin' days. I have spoken to other men about this and I am not on my own in this experience. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

There really is stuff you cannot say withiout getting the usual suspects outrage, it's very sad.

Just out of interest, do you think phsychological abuse exists ?

Are you saying someone just hit you whilst for no reason whatsoever ?

Had he, I'm assuming it was a he, never given any incling he might do such a thing before ?

Yes. Repeatedly.