Help Needed With Mobile Phone

wobblywill

I am trying to book a hotel online and when I press pay now, a message comes up saying my bank has to authorise it (its only £50!).

This also happens with grocery deliveries etc. Now, the trouble is when I go to my banking app to authorise payment, I don't know how to get to the page I was on i.e. hotel page or grocery store page and I just end up cancelling it. Its really frustrating me. Can anyone help me please. 

8 minutes ago, wobblywill said:

I am trying to book a hotel online and when I press pay now, a message comes up saying my bank has to authorise it (its only £50!).

This also happens with grocery deliveries etc. Now, the trouble is when I go to my banking app to authorise payment, I don't know how to get to the page I was on i.e. hotel page or grocery store page and I just end up cancelling it. Its really frustrating me. Can anyone help me please. 

Really depends what phone you have, you just need to open the web broswer you had open with the online store website open and it will still be there.

Think you just need a young person to show you, and you will realise its rather simple once you know. I suspect your issue is you have been shutting down the browser before opening your banking app - do not do that.

Edited by HeHasRisen

24 minutes ago, wobblywill said:

@wobblywillI don't know which bank you are with, but both the NatWest and Barclays automatically redirect you once the authorisation has gone through, or there is a 'return to site button' to click - depends on the site you ere using initially.

9 minutes ago, wobblywill said:

All this tech just confuses me, I try so hard to understand it but my 64 year old brain refuses. Suppose I'd better go and ask my 7 year old granddaughter 😂🤣😂🤣

Mines older than yours, and has no problem.😀

33 minutes ago, wobblywill said:

What is Web browser please? 

The thing you are using on your phone to access the websites. Unless the hotel has their own app you are using?

Either way, when you put your card details in, and you get that message,do NOT close anything, just go back to your app screen, open your banking app, say its ok, and then reopen the app you are using to book the hotel with and the transaction will likely have been completed by that point.

Edited by HeHasRisen

1 hour ago, wobblywill said:

All this tech just confuses me, I try so hard to understand it but my 64 year old brain refuses. Suppose I'd better go and ask my 7 year old granddaughter 😂🤣😂🤣

I know, I know... It's like a whole new language that you've never been taught. You are not alone. I'm older than you and am in exactly the same boat. It doesn't help that I find it very hard to remember, and don't have a useful 7 year old to explain things for me.... 

6 minutes ago, Kidorry said:

I don`t think age has all that much to do with it. It is just a matter of learning how to do it and not rely on others to tell you.

Totally agree. I'm still up for learning new things, especially if they make life easier - by myself if I can, but I'm always happy to ask those with more expertise on a subject if I get stumped.

Edited by RollingJ

The man who gave me my firsy computer told me he would not show me anything , but to learn it myself  I thought he was a bit rough but he was right in the end. It is a lot easier to ask than to find out for yourself. Having said that there is always a time when you need help so I call on the expertise of the Forum.