B & Q Closing 8 Mini Stores

The  mini stores that are closing are all based in Asda's, this includes Drakehouse, I wonder if they will bring the cafe back. The good thing is they say staff are to be offered alternative roles in nearby stores, so no jobs will be lost as a result

B&Q closing eight locations in weeks – full list of shops affected - Mirror Online

Edited by iansheff

I visited Homebase at Woodseats the other day, this was mid-morning but it was almost devoid of life. I found their stock boring and expensive and most of it easily obtainable from the larger supermarkets, their garden centre was similar to the rest of the store. Whilst on the Chesterfield Road centre I also visited the Dunelm store, that was well stocked, well run and well patronised, so no excuses Homebase.

40 minutes ago, crookesey said:

I visited Homebase at Woodseats the other day, this was mid-morning but it was almost devoid of life. I found their stock boring and expensive and most of it easily obtainable from the larger supermarkets, their garden centre was similar to the rest of the store. Whilst on the Chesterfield Road centre I also visited the Dunelm store, that was well stocked, well run and well patronised, so no excuses Homebase.

What has the stock levels in the shop next door got to do with anything? Arent they run by two totally different companies?

4 hours ago, littlebasher said:

More staff than customers in the Drakehouse store, shouldn't come as a surprise really

Maybe they could move them all to the B&Q on Queens Road?  Looking for a member of staff there to help is like looking for a bolt in a skip full of nuts. 

5 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

What has the stock levels in the shop next door got to do with anything? Arent they run by two totally different companies?

I wager that Dunelm are still there when Homebase are a distant memory.

Edited by crookesey