Dozy Speaks Out.

Alextopman

Comes across as an intelligent and reasonable man. He has to be a little carefull in what he says at this stage as the deal isn't done and could fall at the last hurdle.

However, it was interesting to hear him mention the difference between the Championship and the Premiership and the need to bring in players in order to make sure you can stay up there. Sounds as though if we do go up and he's the owner reinforcements will be acquired.

Personally I think it's better to go for three or four high quality players rather than do a Forest or Fulham and replace the whole squad causing a loss of togetherness and team spirit and meaning a period of settling down and getting to know each other is required. Not much time for that in the Premier League.

Now, once we've heard from  Beaky, Mick and Tich we can start to relax and look to the future!

5 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

It was all a bit too staged in my opinion and it was totally unnecessary for Ferdinand and him to bring the race card into it.

He did clear a few things about those who claim to be in the know and their fake news.

In fairness non white people have a lot to put up with that the rest of us don't appreciate and find difficult to empathise with purely through lack of experience. 

Can't say I blame them for getting it off their chests on occassion. The thing is if this goes through and turns out well it places us in a strong position to attract African players because our profile will be raised there in a positive way.

You'll notice there is an IF in there, we are after all the Blades!

Comes across as a decent guy, but didn't really tell us anything new, whilst saying everything so far wasn't true.

Didn't answer the question on whether it's a cash purchase or whatever , just went on about what  his companies are doing, I've a feeling it could be another Glazier situation, where he's loaning against the club, obviously I hope I'm wrong as I want it sorted, so fingers crossed, but as a blade I'll not count my chickens just yet!

7 hours ago, m williamson said:

In fairness non white people have a lot to put up with that the rest of us don't appreciate and find difficult to empathise with purely through lack of experience. 

Can't say I blame them for getting it off their chests on occassion. The thing is if this goes through and turns out well it places us in a strong position to attract African players because our profile will be raised there in a positive way.

You'll notice there is an IF in there, we are after all the Blades!

I see no reason for race or colour to have been in that interview it's happening too much these days.

16 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

I see no reason for race or colour to have been in that interview it's happening too much these days.

Doesn't bother me one way or the other. People of colour have had some crap to put up with over the years and if some of them want to make a point now and then fair enough as far as I'm concerned.

I was raised to treat people as my equals no matter what their background,  race, religion , nationality or title. Those people who hold animosity toward people who are different in some way, or show deference toward those they consider their betters are pathetic in my opinion.

One day it will no longer be a subject of discussion because the world will have grown up and matured. Unfortunately that hasn't happened yet.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Doesn't bother me one way or the other. People of colour have had some crap to put up with over the years and if some of them want to make a point now and then fair enough as far as I'm concerned.

I was raised to treat people as my equals no matter what their background,  race, religion , nationality or title. Those people who hold animosity toward people who are different in some way, or show deference toward those they consider their betters are pathetic in my opinion.

One day it will no longer be a subject of discussion because the world will have grown up and matured. Unfortunately that hasn't happened yet.

I've not got a racist bone in my body and if you knew me you would know that and an obvious reason why.

Anyone suffering because of who they are has my support, however more and more it's being brought into situations where it isn't valid or necessary and at this point in this case I don't see why there was any reason to bring it into the subject.

We didn't need Ferdinand saying "Do you think because you're Black" or words to that effect in the middle of a conversation about buying a football club with no racial undertones at all.