Sam Smith

16 minutes ago, Hecate said:

Lady Gaga did all this ten-plus years ago.   Great bait for the trolls fake clutching their pearls, but all a bit dull.

I reckon he's getting flack more for his They/Them garbage that his outrageous 'dress sense'..

It's getting increasingly difficult to say anything that could be seen as transphobic but having a dig at someone's clothes is perfectly acceptable. 

For now....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, melthebell said:

But hes a bloke so gets slagged off more for doing it

I don't think so.  Imagine if this was a woman who was a bit plain and portly.  The tabloid and social media explosion would be visible from space, because women in the media can't be fat, old or a bit homely looking. 

It's because his face doesn't quite fit the image.  If he's judged that the current climate is such that he's felt able to express his true self after flailing about for years trying to match the traditional svelte, slick pop star image, then good for him.  I hope his ears are so stuffed with money that he can't hear the criticism. 

37 minutes ago, Hecate said:

I don't think so.  Imagine if this was a woman who was a bit plain and portly.  The tabloid and social media explosion would be visible from space, because women in the media can't be fat, old or a bit homely looking.

I'm not too sure that's entirely true anymore.

Take a look at Lizzo. 

1 minute ago, Delayed said:

I'm not too sure that's entirely true anymore.

Take a look at Lizzo. 

I don't think Lizzo's look, style and genre quite translates to the broader category of women in the media (and women in general), as a quick shufty through the Daily Mail sidebars will likely attest.

13 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I wonder if he’s trying to wind up a certain type of folk to generate publicity?

nah…..can’t be….😂

No... i think he/they/it/she/zhe (just covering bases) is really that mentally ill and attention-hungry.

The voice is awful, the music is terrible... they needs to do something to make money!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I wonder if he’s trying to wind up a certain type of folk to generate publicity?

nah…..can’t be….😂

What's wrong with being wound up about something?  Or is the latest buzzword " Triggered"?

Forums and debate would cease to exist if no one got wound up.

I don't get all this you're triggered nonsense, as if it's some kind of put down.  I love debate and discussion, I love being triggered, I welcome it.

Are you not yourself wound up about folk being wound up?

Weird.

• Haha 1