The Guardian Fuming At The Brit Awards

Another pathetic attempt by Guardian to try and create issues where non exist.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/feb/11/harry-styles-sweeps-male-dominated-brit-awards-with-a-quartet-of-wins

Rather than just be happy for the winners they have to make it all about their pathetic childish agenda, wailing on about race, gender and the lack of diversity for award winners.

I am  beginning to think it's a satirical publication rather than serious one.

I mean, no one can be this angry all the time...can they?

• Like 1

Whining because the awards are gendered, and whining when the awards become more gendered as a consequence of appeasing Sam Smith.  The Guardian's click bait is superb.  Looking forward to the Stuart Heritage piece about it.  Maybe someone should persuade Jonathan Jones to have a crack at it too.

Edited by Guest

If everyone ignored all this nonsense it would go away.

Personally I don't have anything to do with award shows. Don't care who's nominated, wins or loses. 

If you don't like it,.don't watch. If your favourite person doesn't win, so what?

Ricky Gervais had it spot on when he hosted the Oscars.

Wars, poverty etc and the most talked about thing is how people compete with each other to be the most controversial 

• Like 1

Guest makapaka

I wonder if he’s trying to wind up a certain type of folk to generate publicity?

nah…..can’t be….😂

Edited by makapaka

6 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Another pathetic attempt by Guardian to try and create issues where non exist.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/feb/11/harry-styles-sweeps-male-dominated-brit-awards-with-a-quartet-of-wins

Rather than just be happy for the winners they have to make it all about their pathetic childish agenda, wailing on about race, gender and the lack of diversity for award winners.

I am  beginning to think it's a satirical publication rather than serious one.

I mean, no one can be this angry all the time...can they?

Is it this bit which has got your tits in a tizzle...?

But on the night itself, nine of the 15 awards – 60% – were won by male acts, including three out of the four genre categories. The awards were also dominated by white artists: Beyoncé and new British girl group Flo were the only artists of colour to take home trophies.

That's hardly creating issues where they don't exist....More a break down of the demographic of the runners and riders. In fact you sound angrier than the article which you're complaining about :hihi:

I mean there are better examples from the Guardian, or indeed any other newspaper.

Edited by Mister M