The Guardian Fuming At The Brit Awards

4 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Is it this bit which has got your tits in a tizzle...?

But on the night itself, nine of the 15 awards – 60% – were won by male acts, including three out of the four genre categories. The awards were also dominated by white artists: Beyoncé and new British girl group Flo were the only artists of colour to take home trophies.

That's hardly creating issues where they don't exist....More a break down of the demographic of the runners and riders. In fact you sound angrier than the article which you're complaining about :hihi:

I mean there are better examples from the Guardian, or indeed any other newspaper.

Why do you think they are so incessantly going on about race and gender?

Awards dominated by white artist is a problem for them obviously, otherwise they wouldn't mention it.

It absolutely kills them because they are racists.

Tits in a tizzle!!!   I like that.

😂

Just now, Al Bundy said:

Why do you think they are so incessantly going on about race and gender?

Awards dominated by white artist is a problem for them obviously, otherwise they wouldn't mention it.

It absolutely kills them because they are racists.

Tits in a tizzle!!!   I like that.

😂

If I thought they were being serious, I might say that they are trying to start some kind of debate about race & gender.

I suppose thinking about it, in comparison to something like the Daily Telegraph, The Guardian do have more articles specific to race and gender. But there again that possibly says as much about the Telegraph as it does the Guardian.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Delayed said:

If everyone ignored all this nonsense it would go away.

Personally I don't have anything to do with award shows. Don't care who's nominated, wins or loses. 

If you don't like it,.don't watch. If your favourite person doesn't win, so what?

Ricky Gervais had it spot on when he hosted the Oscars.

Wars, poverty etc and the most talked about thing is how people compete with each other to be the most controversial 

The Oscars would be worth watching if RG were to host it and he’s offered to do it for nowt but no chance.

11 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

The Oscars would be worth watching if RG were to host it and he’s offered to do it for nowt but no chance.

It might not have been the Oscars but I'm referring to the times he hosted several award shows and berated the Hollywood elite for not being relatable to the public