Liverpool Riots 2023

Boarder Force say that as many as 60,000 migrants are expected to cross the channel this year. It looks as though Government is preparing for it.  Not to worry though Government keeps telling us they will stop the small boats crossing the channel.  I’ll believe it when I see it. 

Edited by hauxwell

On 24/02/2023 at 07:22, hauxwell said:

Boarder Force say that as many as 60,000 migrants are expected to cross the channel this year. It looks as though Government is preparing for it.  Not to worry though Government keeps telling us they will stop the small boats crossing the channel.  I’ll believe it when I see it. 

i think you mean to say that the european authorities i.e the french border guards in spain , italy or any other  that borders france/germany/ etc  should be doing their job and stopping them getting as far as France in the first place ?/

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned the role of Patriotic Alternative in organising and publicising these protests. PA are are neo-Nazi organisation, one of their leaders is Mark Collett, who is a life-long neo-Nazi. They are just doing what they always do, which is jump on a bandwagon to try to gain support and influence so that they can ultimately carry on with what their forbears were doing. They should be avoided like the plague.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Delbow said:

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned the role of Patriotic Alternative in organising and publicising these protests. PA are are neo-Nazi organisation, one of their leaders is Mark Collett, who is a life-long neo-Nazi. They are just doing what they always do, which is jump on a bandwagon to try to gain support and influence so that they can ultimately carry on with what their forbears were doing. They should be avoided like the plague.

Perhaps worth a watch, though about Manvers rather than Liverpool

Just now, Delbow said:

Cheers for that, it's well worth a watch. It occurs to me that the government actually has little interest in resolving the small boats issue - it's a handy way of dividing people and distracting from the government's own many failures.

It's hard to disagree with that.

1 minute ago, Al Bundy said:

It's hard to disagree with that.

They're not really going out of their way to do much are they - they just talk about sorting it but don't. Possibly in part because it really needs cooperation with our former partners in Europe and that can't be seen to be happening because Brexit. 

I had the unfortunate experience of briefly staying in a certain hotel in Prestwick last year.  The food and facilities were very poor. The flouting of health, safety and fire regulations were rife and certain areas remained quite filthy.  I understand that there were asylum seekers staying there too.   This is most probably their first experience of UK hospitality!  I felt extremely sorry for them if they had to stay there for any length of time.

21 hours ago, Delbow said:

No no no the truth seekers on SF have already told us its Antifa and BLM pretending to be nazis and far right to stir up trouble

18 hours ago, Delbow said:

Cheers for that, it's well worth a watch. It occurs to me that the government actually has little interest in resolving the small boats issue - it's a handy way of dividing people and distracting from the government's own many failures.

Tory governments will never solve the problem, like you say it distracts from their own failings and they always whip up support by jumping on the bandwagon occasionly when they are starting to fail.

8 hours ago, melthebell said:

No no no the truth seekers on SF have already told us its Antifa and BLM pretending to be nazis and far right to stir up trouble

Tory governments will never solve the problem, like you say it distracts from their own failings and they always whip up support by jumping on the bandwagon occasionly when they are starting to fail.

Most of the people on these protests are worried parents who don't want their children accosted in the street and addressed with sexual references but again your being easily led to think differently, the tide is growing and will only increase and who can blame them, the Gov have had more than enough time to address this problem.