Will Sheffield Get This Deep Snow?

7 hours ago, XPertByExperien said:

Snow? In March? No chance,

It's not unusual at all, last happened in 2018.

The Express are terrible though. They almost always include a temperature in their headline - in degrees Fahrenheit! Which makes me think they only do it to make a point about imperial measurements.

Edited by Colin Foster

17 hours ago, bassett one said:

reading the papers and been on line we are supposed to get a extreme cold snap with deep snow,but why do they predict this ,but leave you not knowing where it will be,seems a good idea to predict, but no good to gardeners ect ,with such lack of details apart from late feb,early march.

Daily Express I assume? A few years ago, the headlines used to rotate between 3 topics: Princess Diana, the weather, and some miracle cure for alzeimers/arthritis/cancer. I doubt it's changed much, although I suspect the headlines will also no doubt report some benefit of Brexit as part of this rotation. Obviously these headlines are usually accompanied by a picture of a woman in a swimsuit for a bit of 'acceptable' titilation.