Will Sheffield Get This Deep Snow?

2 minutes ago, rogets said:

Why not give the Wisewood driver the bus to take home,  then when he wakes up he gets in his bus and does the wisewood route

The problem with society these days is there is a can't do attitude

Wise words Mr. Rogets,

All it takes is a bit of thought.

1 minute ago, Padders said:

Wise words Mr. Rogets,

All it takes is a bit of thought.

He is right in a way, it's about flexibility.

As I mentioned with the 57 route, I can understand why running the whole route (up through Worrall and up to the top of Stocky at the other end) might be impractical, but I can't see why they couldn't operate a route from town, or even just from Hillsborough, out to Stocksbridge main road at the bottom. If that's not poss then just to OB as that's all pretty flat.

It would not only be flat main roads but only require half or (in the case of HB to OB) possibly less than a quarter of the drivers.

Worst case : a shuttle from Stocky (or even just OB) to Middlewood P&R tram stop.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chekhov said:

He is right in a way, it's about flexibility.

As I mentioned with the 57 route, I can understand why running the whole route (up through Worrall and up to the top of Stocky at the other end) might be impractical, but I can't see why they couldn't operate a route from town, or even just from Hillsborough, out to Stocksbridge main road at the bottom. If that's not poss then just to OB as that's all pretty flat.

It would not only be flat main roads but only require half or (in the case of HB to OB) possibly less than a quarter of the drivers.

Worst case : a shuttle from Stocky (or even just OB) to Middlewood P&R tram stop.

As said before - the drivers have to get to Olive Grove AND get the buses to the outlying areas - not that easy if roads are blocked to those areas.

3 minutes ago, Padders said:

A driverless bus would solve all the problems...

Crikey, if they can land a rover on mars, I'm sure they could get a bus to Stocksbridge.

Driverless bus? Not happening, tha's been watching too much Star Trek pal, technology's not got to that level yet! :hihi: 

20 minutes ago, rogets said:

Why not give the Wisewood driver the bus to take home,  then when he wakes up he gets in his bus and does the wisewood route

The problem with society these days is there is a can't do attitude

There's the small issue of the law regarding driving hours. 

If the Wisewood driver took a bus home after service that finishes at midnight

An hour for the bus to be cleaned and serviced (fuel, adblue etc)
30 mins to allow for drive home

So Wisewood driver finishes his shift at 0130, outside his home. 

Law states a MINIMUM of 10hrs rest so your wisewood service wouldn't legally be able to start until 1130, which is no good for those wanting to go to work.

You've also got to consider his days off

• Like 2