Will Sheffield Get This Deep Snow?

Football clubs have undersoil heating, this enables them to play football matches whatever the weather...

Surely we could have on the main roads underground heating.

This of course would take a few days to install, but the disruption would be worth it.

If proved to be a great success, it could be extended to minor roads.

Good idea Padders, should be simple and quick to install . I first saw it in Stavangar (Norway) where it shifted about a foot of snow on footpaths quite easily. I  can't see a problem can you?

Oh, just had a thought...who pays for the electricity and do we have some spare when the wind isn't blowing?

2 minutes ago, Meltman said:

Good idea Padders, should be simple and quick to install . I first saw it in Stavangar (Norway) where it shifted about a foot of snow on footpaths quite easily. I  can't see a problem can you?

Oh, just had a thought...who pays for the electricity and do we have some spare when the wind isn't blowing?

The council are quick to tell us how much it costs during spells of bad weather..

My idea would save money, ie- no gritting required.

Over a few winters this scheme would actually save money.

11 minutes ago, Meltman said:

Contributions from big buisnesses who lose millions wouldn't lose millions in future,  here is the name, Road Heating Contributions.

Guest busdriver1
42 minutes ago, Padders said:

Football clubs have undersoil heating, this enables them to play football matches whatever the weather...

Surely we could have on the main roads underground heating.

This of course would take a few days to install, but the disruption would be worth it.

If proved to be a great success, it could be extended to minor roads.

There is / was a road in County Durham with underground heating after it froze repeatedly causing chaos. It worked fine for a while then the pipes burst and the road got flooded and then froze.

10 hours ago, XPertByExperien said:

Wrong Captain mate, Chekhov was under Kirk! :lol: 

Actually Chekhov did attain the rank of Captain & commanded 3 separate starships under the rank before becoming an instructor at the academy, eventually retiring as a Grand Admiral

* not a star trek nerd ;)