Sheffield Becoming A 15 Minute City

26 minutes ago, birobasher said:

The above is nonsense. This is what 'fifteen minutes cities' are about: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/15-minute_city

NB, from a post in the CAZ thread: 

A reminder for anybody with genuine, sincerely held objections to the CAZ. If you see anybody ranting about 'fifteen minute cities', the World Economic Forum, 'elites', George Soros, the Rothschild family, Bill Gates etc, back away slowly and do not make eye contact. These are the same people that congregate under the disused bus shelter on Pinstone Street and give out their 'newspaper' about covid and vaccine conspiracies. The root of these conspiracies is in far right USA politics, particularly the Qanon strand, who enabled the violent insurrection at the Capitol in Washington. The emphasis on Jewish bankers and businessmen is a clue to the actual motivation behind this conspiracy theory. White supremacy and one of the oldest prejudices, antisemitism. 

I don't 'congregate under disused bus shelters' or anywhere else... but I am interested in different points of view, as I think we all should be.

As you seem to lay all the blame for 'conspiracy theories' with Qanon(?) etc and 'Violent insurrection at the Capital Washington,' I thought this might interest you.

As it happens, I was up late the night the 'storming of the Whitehouse happened, and  watched it happening live on TV.  (about 3 or 4am uk time)

What I saw was a very well ordered  parade of people of all ages (including many pensioners) who were being frequently marshalled  to behave responsibly and to touch nothing as they passed through the Whitehouse. They were then being  interviewed by journalists  outside to say why they were there, stating their grievances, etc which they did. The reasons were varied, complex and  I thought mostly valid.   

I was amazed when I saw the footage on the TV later that day, which showed only a mob of rowdy, out of control individuals and focused only on that 'wolf' man shouting and ranting. No sign  of the agrieved but quietly disciplined individuals with something to say. 

I say this only to demonstrate how what is shown on /in the media is edited to give whatever impression the media wants. So take nothing at face value, and dig a little deeper.

There is rather more going on than what you see on the evening news.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I don't 'congregate under disused bus shelters' or anywhere else... but I am interested in different points of view, as I think we all should be.

As you seem to lay all the blame for 'conspiracy theories' with Qanon(?) etc and 'Violent insurrection at the Capital Washington,' I thought this might interest you.

As it happens, I was up late the night the 'storming of the Whitehouse happened, and  watched it happening live on TV.  (about 3 or 4am uk time)

What I saw was a very well ordered  parade of people of all ages (including many pensioners) who were being frequently marshalled  to behave responsibly and to touch nothing as they passed through the Whitehouse. They were then being  interviewed by journalists  outside to say why they were there, stating their grievances, etc which they did. The reasons were varied, complex and  I thought mostly valid.   

I was amazed when I saw the footage on the TV later that day, which showed only a mob of rowdy, out of control individuals and focused only on that 'wolf' man shouting and ranting. No sign  of the agrieved but quietly disciplined individuals with something to say. 

I say this only to demonstrate how what is shown on /in the media is edited to give whatever impression the media wants. So take nothing at face value, and dig a little deeper.

There is rather more going on than what you see on the evening news.

My bold.

I'm happy to say the mainstream narrative is being dismantled as we speak. 

It'll be squeaky bum time for those involved in the not too distant future. 

• Like 1

If you want a fuller picture of the violence on Jan 6th, I advise watching the footage and testimony here:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/how-to-watch-the-jan-6-hearings

I won't discuss it any further because it wasn't the point I was making. My point was that people's sincere concerns about the CAZ are being hijacked by the quasi religious beliefs of conspiracy theorists, who in turn have been suckered in and taken advantage of by the opportunistic conspiracy narratives of far right USA groups like Qanon (look them up).

38 minutes ago, Axel said:

Oh dear....

It's an interview with business owners in the area.

Did you watch, or would you prefer the Youtube link?

There ya go....just for you

Interviews with Neepsend business owners objecting to the 15 minute city plan there in Sheffield.

Still not interested thanks.

A camcorder video from a political activist with a couple of hundred subscribers is not exactly journalistic relevance.  Even less so when it's clickbait title is a load of crap.

Considering there is not any official announcement or policy that Sheffield is going to be introducing 15-minute zones the road changes the traders are whinging about is nothing to do with it.

Come back to me when something actually gets officially proposed and there's something to talk about.  

In the meantime, it's just a load of hysterics looking for something that's not there

Edited by ECCOnoob