Sheffield Becoming A 15 Minute City

2 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

I thought this might be of interest to some...

It looks great in theory, but...
... in reality, normal cars are parked up in the town next door and people are "bussed" in - so that should please the residents of Rotherham! :)

And the electric milk floats cost £145,000(?) the licences for which only businesses are allowed to have, and which those "in power" can take away on a whim.

What's not to like? :thumbsup:

Yeah - let's compare Rovvrum to an expensive ski resort in Switzerland............................

• Like 2

Can't wait to see who's going to build all these new things, there's an absolutely chronic shortage of construction workers at present and it's getting worse year on year, wonder where all the labour is going to come from?

4 hours ago, Mkapaka said:

Your arguments are increasingly bizarre. There’s no logical argument as to why providing local services is a bad thing. 

it’s a bizarre argument to put forward that it’s the wrong thing to do - unless you believe there is some hidden ulterior motive for doing it.

You’ve said a few times you wouldn’t want to be restricted in going outside of the services provided locally to you - and nothing in the planning for the development at attercliffe says anything about preventing you or others from doing so.

should developments not consider proving services and amenities close by?

what is the problem with it? 

There probably isn't but when are they going to start providing them?

Are you currently happy with every local shop/pub you currently have or do you sometimes like to travel to one that might be better quality or value?

3 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold

When will all that get built?

Underlined

There isn't an A&E in the city centre.

All this is imaginary tho - no one’s proposing half the things people are suggesting on here.

have a month off.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, top4718 said:

Can't wait to see who's going to build all these new things, there's an absolutely chronic shortage of construction workers at present and it's getting worse year on year, wonder where all the labour is going to come from?

There probably isn't but when are they going to start providing them?

Are you currently happy with every local shop/pub you currently have or do you sometimes like to travel to one that might be better quality or value?

No need to worry about any construction workers yet    -    It takes money to start building lots of facilities,  and neither the council,  nor the government have any.

Neither do any of them have the brains to  formulate a sensible policy anyway.

It's all a lot of idle chatter to keep us peasants quiet,  and fool us into thinking,  that the politicians are busy earning their bread and butter,   or caviar.

Edited by Organgrinder

17 hours ago, top4718 said:

Any chance of answering what would happen to your great concept if everyone (or a large majority) chose to still drive, if we had a similar pattern of weather to the last six weeks or so I think your walkers and cyclists would be in a minority?

Why do you think provision of local services is a "great concept", it's a really simple idea? I doubt people would always choose to get in their car and drive past a local shop or pub or cafe or restaurant that most can easily walk to, raining or otherwise. You don't, do you. Neither do I.

17 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

Oh dear! :hihi:

Been there... done that... got the T-shirt!

But some of us actually did it in the REAL world...

... not just on a local internet forum! :roll:

Yep. Some of us do, and in real life.

Now what was that line of work you were in? Seems fairly obvious to us that you're some construction contractors stooge, rubbishing the concept so that your employer can build huge swathes of high density housing with not a shop or school or health centre for miles. 

7 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

Why do you think provision of local services is a "great concept", it's a really simple idea? I doubt people would always choose to get in their car and drive past a local shop or pub or cafe or restaurant that most can easily walk to, raining or otherwise. You don't, do you. Neither do I.

Nonsense, people use their freedom of choice to go where ever they like, I doubt anyone just uses things local to them.

You claimed car use won't be restricted so what if people still make their choice to use them?