Sheffield Becoming A 15 Minute City

On 22/02/2023 at 12:19, HeHasRisen said:

I am going to go and protest about Soylent Green potentially being added to school dinners.

You one of the order followers then , government says jump,you say how high 😅 funny you should mention food, some soya and insect burgers have on on sale in a supermarket, quick best get some there limited.

Edited by wendyG
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

If you think it's all carrot and no stick then you're very naive. 

Put a time scale on it then, or are you still avoiding doing that as you know it will make you look ridiculous when nothing ever happens?

Edited by HeHasRisen

2 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

I am wlecome to think that because I live in a very free society, and I don't forsee that changing anytime soon.

I don't recall being locked in my home for weeks on end?

The idea of a 15 minute city is not "not letting people out beyond their own neighbourhood", its about making provisions such that people don't have to go far to find/do/access what they want.

Your memory of the Covid  Lock Down,  is not all it should be.  That's why they called it a Lock down.

And what if they DO,  have to go far to find\do\access what they want.   No restrictions, no passes, no charges at all?

2 hours ago, bellendbarry said:

You're welcome to think that but then only 3 years ago the government banned us from going out and effectively locked us in our own homes for weeks on end. This 15 minute city sounds like a similar idea, not letting people out beyond their own neighbourhood.

It isn’t even remotely similar.

15 min cities is an urban planning concept which says we should have everything we need for our daily lives within 15 min walk or cycle of where we live.

Nowhere does it say anything whatsoever about not letting people out of their neighbourhoods.

Edited by Planner1

2 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

It isn’t even remotely similar.

15 min cities is an urban planning concept which says we should have everything we need for our daily lives within 25 min walk or cycle of where we live.

Nowhere does it say anything whatsoever about not letting people out of their neighbourhoods.

has the 15 minutes changed into 25 minutes now?

2 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

The council will just wait and see how things play out before making decisions. They'll keep their eyes on other cities too. 

This council have never expressed any intention to implement 15 min cities as such.

Can you name any place in the world where restrictions on leaving your neighbourhood have been proposed as part of a 15 min city initiative or anything similar?