Sheffield Becoming A 15 Minute City

6 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Its everything if you want to attract people to your cause, it just looks shoddy

I disagree, as long as the message can be understood then that's fine in my opinion. 

Not everyone is great with words and spelling. My spelling is absolutely shocking at times.

5 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Read it, then get a dictionary or thesaurus out.

Why not offer to help if it bothers you so? 

• Thanks 1

from the survey...

A over reach of the council authority
Will effect people mental health
People freedom of movement within the city
Will be harder for people who care for elderly relatives
Not being able to visit people in hospital
Make people more poor during this living crisis
Effect sheffield econmy
Is an attack on people persnal freedoms
Limit access to certain shops
In a emergency worrying about being fined
Will cause more pollution driving around the 15 minute zone to get from A to B
Not being able to get to your place of worship
No democracy in regards to the planning of 15 minutes city Not making the public aware of these plans

- People freedom of movement within the city
what's that got to do with basic amenities being available to everyone, within a short distance?

- Will be harder for people who care for elderly relatives
how so? elderly will be closer to basic required amenities, people wouldn't have to drive X miles to a store, then X miles to their relative to buy them shopping for example....  would also mean local people would likely know each other more etc..

- Not being able to visit people in hospital
you do realise, they aren't saying "you can't travel more than 15 mins from your home" - they are just saying that all the basics that people will need (shops, bank, post office etc....) will be within a 15 minute travel time from anywhere.

- Make people more poor during this living crisis
how so? it will likely be at least a decade or so before such things are fully implemented, and by then the current crisis should be a thing of the past..

- Effect sheffield econmy
- Is an attack on people persnal freedoms
see previous answers above

- In a emergency worrying about being fined
fined, for what?

- Will cause more pollution driving around the 15 minute zone to get from A to B
why would people be driving around 15 min zone to get from A to B? the point of the 15 min scheme, is to have everything available, within a 15 minute travel distance from your home etc...

- Not being able to get to your place of worship
see above, they will be within each of the 15 min 'zones'

- No democracy in regards to the planning of 15 minutes city Not making the public aware of these plans
no plans have been announced, it's only talking of the possibilitiy/potential for it to happen, it has been under discussion since around 2016 (the earliest reference I can find is Early 2016) so it's not like it's a "new" thing

- A over reach of the council authority
not really, it's exactly the kinda of thing the council are supposed to consider/do etc...

- Will effect people mental health

Personally, for me - for the better, I wont have to go all the way into town just to deal with something, or walk 20 mins to a supermarket and 20 mins back, it'll all be in within 15 mins, and i'll have to talk to, and deal with less people (face to face)

Edited by Ghozer
  • Like 2

The sheffield city Council Website type in 15 minute city into Google it will pop up but also research Oxfordshire 15 minute which is already in place and listen to the people over 2000 pound in debt because they go to visit there sick children in hospital 

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I disagree, as long as the message can be understood then that's fine in my opinion. 

Not everyone is great with words and spelling. My spelling is absolutely shocking at times.

Yup, or just throw any crap on there and you and yer mates will suck it all up