Sheffield Becoming A 15 Minute City

1 minute ago, top4718 said:

Why bother reporting to the likes of you, you'd rather tow the party line. Call down on the 25th and get the true story.

Not only me on this thread is there tops? Quite a few who have swallowed the whole "15 minutes city means you're locked down to your district" stuff. Didn't they deserve some feedback for the future of their children and grandchildren?

29 minutes ago, Longcol said:

GB News clearly shows it outside the Peace Gardens on Pinstone Street.

Never mind eh tops - bet you didn't go to either...........................

Stop it with the facts please.

Old Topsy doesn’t like them.

1 minute ago, Longcol said:

Not only me on this thread is there tops? Quite a few who have swallowed the whole "15 minutes city means you're locked down to your district" stuff. Didn't they deserve some feedback for the future of their children and grandchildren?

No you've swallowed the early "its for your benefit guff" now the CAZ has actually started taking money from people the uptake against it should grow, like I said see for yourself next time, then you can do a full report on here for your converts.

1 minute ago, top4718 said:

No you've swallowed the early "its for your benefit guff" now the CAZ has actually started taking money from people the uptake against it should grow, like I said see for yourself next time, then you can do a full report on here for your converts.

Are there any conspiracy theories that you don’t subscribe to?

You do understand that the perpetrators of these theories prey upon feeble minds and use them to make money, don’t you?

3 minutes ago, top4718 said:

So why no report for the people who agree with you? What made it slip from your mind? Alextopman? Monksey?

1 minute ago, Longcol said:

So why no report for the people who agree with you? What made it slip from your mind? Alextopman? Monksey?

It didn't slip through my mind, I posted it was happening it did happen and I attended along with some great people of all ages, I'll be at the next one too, like i've said attend yourself then you can post your disparaging comments from experience, maybe speak to a few people to see why they are there, I was talking to a mother a son (83 and 56 respectively) who were great, normal working class Sheffield people who care about our future freedom, try it.

8 hours ago, top4718 said:

There were 300 people there, not conspiracy theorists just ordinary people who are concerned about their and their childrens futures, it started at the City Hall and walked the ring road, a lot of motorists and passers by showed their appreciation of the efforts, the organisers were a little disappointed by the turnout but are expecting more for the next one on the 25th March.

Just sit there and let the Gov walk over you while pouring scorn on people that at least try to reverse ludicrous decisions which will kill the city, well done you.

Not even 300 people, if it was this protest:

https://www.sheffieldtribune.co.uk/p/whos-afraid-of-the-15-minute-city?utm_source=post-email-title&publication_id=320151&post_id=106230292&isFreemail=true&utm_medium=email

I still don’t understand why people are getting their knickers in a twist about an attempt to make cities more pleasant to live in.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

https://www.sheffieldtribune.co.uk/p/whos-afraid-of-the-15-minute-city?utm_source=post-email-title&publication_id=320151&post_id=106230292&isFreemail=true&utm_medium=email

I still don’t understand why people are getting their knickers in a twist about an attempt to make cities more pleasant to live in.

I guess if you don't have to earn a living then yes the lack of traffic could make your life more plesant

There seems to be 2 sides with this argument, those who have to go to work and those middle class people who have found themselves in a position where they don't have to physically work to pay the bills, ie, retired with a good pension for example

They need to find a way to bring those that have to work more onside, maybe give them £1000 per month (an idea) so they don't physically have to do as much work to pay the bills, maybe they can then afford to only work part time?

Until this problem of those who have to earn a living is solved this will be a subject that will devide people.

Get some dosh given to people who are concerned about their ability to earn a living, and I reckon those people will be more onside with these charging schemes

They did something very similar with furlough, paid people to not work and many people were very happy with this arrangement

Edited by rogets

2 hours ago, Prettytom said:

What does the tribune tell you that's supposed to stop people getting their knickers in a twist.

People are NOT saying that they don't want to live in a pleasant city.  They are saying that they don't believe that they will get all these facilities and that it is really about control.

Do you honestly think that we will all get a swimming pool, a cinema, a library, a dentist, a supermarket,  and all the rest of the facilities they want or need within 15 minutes walk of their homes.

If you do, be kind enough to tell us

a/ how much it's going to cost 

b/ where is the money coming from 

c/ how long is all this going to take 

d/ Will the restrictions be held off until AFTER we have got the facilities

I have been watching our councils and our governments perform for many many years and they are NOT much more trustworthy than Boris Johnson at his worst.

Give us the facilities first and then we will be prepared to consider it.    If we decide that we like twisted knickers,  so be it.  We are in charge.

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

Do you honestly think that we will all get a swimming pool, a cinema, a library, a dentist, a supermarket,  and all the rest of the facilities they want or need within 15 minutes walk of their homes.

If you do, be kind enough to tell us

a/ how much it's going to cost 

b/ where is the money coming from 

c/ how long is all this going to take 

d/ Will the restrictions be held off until AFTER we have got the facilities

I have been watching our councils and our governments perform for many many years and they are NOT much more trustworthy than Boris Johnson at his worst.

Give us the facilities first and then we will be prepared to consider it.    If we decide that we like twisted knickers,  so be it.  We are in charge.

If you actually have a look at the concept of the 15 minute city, it’s that those types of facilities are within 15 min walk or cycle of where we live.

Most people in Sheffield could cycle to the city centre in 15 mins, so it’s already a 15 minute city for a lot of people.

There are no plans whatsoever to implement the 15 min cities concept here so it isn’t going to cost anyone anything. Which bit of this do you not get?

• Like 2