Sheffield Becoming A 15 Minute City

39 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

That is not what I said, if you read my posts properly.

It's literally what you said. I quoted your post.

As you don't appear to know how far a mile is, it doesn't make much difference anyway

If you would like to ride a route, which is only part way to  town,  to my home in 15 minutes, I would very much like to watch.

f you could do it, you would have to add another 10 minutes on to make it to the town hall but you would fail anyway.

Don't make me laugh.

Was that aimed at someone else? I didn't say anything about distances and times.

44 minutes ago, altus said:

It's literally what you said. I quoted your post.

It is not what I said.

Read the lot,  I am not going to keep going back and re-quoting what I have said over and over.

I am also not going to keep repeating myself.

Sheffield is a long long way from being a 15 minute city,  to anyone who has the brains to tell the time.

If you don't agree, I could show you some routes.

Edited by Organgrinder

25 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

It is not what I said.

Read the lot,  I am not going to keep going back and re-quoting what I have said over and over.

I am also not going to keep repeating myself.

Sheffield is a long long way from being a 15 minute city,  to anyone who has the brains to tell the time.

If you don't agree, I could show you some routes.

I only commented on the bit I quoted - that's why I didn't quote the whole post. It's obvious that you have exaggerated in an attempt to boost your argument and now can't back that up.

4 hours ago, ads36 said:

i live about as far south in Sheffield as is possible.

and i do exactly that every day - there are even some people cycling past me  - i'm really not fast!

(it's 20mins on the way home, but it is uphill)

I was not talking about where you live.  I was talking about where a lot of people live, including me.

I accept that there are people who could cycle to town in 15 minutes but, I make the point that many cannot and I would offer you the challenge that I offered to Planner1.

so that you can try to prove me wrong if you wish.  Having said that, I would still repeat that 20 minutes is not the 15 minutes we were talking about.

If you would like to do, not the whole but only,  2 thirds of the journey from the Town Hall, to my home in 15 minutes, you are more than welcome to try,   AND FAIL.

8 minutes ago, altus said:

I only commented on the bit I quoted - that's why I didn't quote the whole post. It's obvious that you have exaggerated in an attempt to boost your argument and now can't back that up.

I have said that, there are various schemes around the country, comprising of, Bus gates, CAZ zones, and low traffic neighbourhoods and soon to be expected trials of 15 minute city zones.

I fully expect, and a lot of people agree with me, that it is intended that these schemes eventually merge so that our cities are split into zones.

From what has been publicised online, these zones will be camera controlled zones with fines for running through a camera if you don't have a pass.

Even Planner1 said that trying to go through these zones could take more time and may cost you more.

I am not interested whether these schemes are in place yet but I am interested in the intent to do it.

For the last time,

We are not going to allow these zones. We are not going to apply for passes to go to places we already can go to.

We are not going to let councils declare 15 minute cities until the facilities are in place within 15 minutes.

You may feel differently. That's up to you but, this is how we feel.

GET IT?

49 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

soon to be expected trials of 15 minute city zones.

this isn't happening anywhere.

you've just invented something to be angry about.

Edited by ads36
  • Like 2