Sheffield Becoming A 15 Minute City

4 minutes ago, ads36 said:

this isn't happening anywhere.

you've just invented something to be angry about.

Fine, that would suit me and make me a very happy man.

That means you have nothing to argue about then doesn't it?

ta-ra

1 hour ago, ads36 said:

this isn't happening anywhere.

you've just invented something to be angry about.

Am I right in thinking there is now a council notice in Barkers Pool/Fargate extolling the joys of the 15 minute city, and how great it's going to be for Sheffield...?

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Am I right in thinking there is now a council notice in Barkers Pool/Fargate extolling the joys of the 15 minute city, and how great it's going to be for Sheffield...?

Everything on your doorstep is bad, apparently.  Bizarre logic some people have.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Everything on your doorstep is bad, apparently.  Bizarre logic some people have.

most things used to be, i come from Darnall and Woodhouse, both had most things close by, same with Hillsborough etc

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Exactly, I imagine it was very convenient.

Sadly with the race to the bottom you got shops, pubs and post offices etc closing at a rate of knotts, cant see most coming back

10 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

They are trialling that in places other than Oxford and you know that various trials  are taking place across the country.

I am not aware of any other locations. I’ve named the ones I know of. 

Where are these others? Please name them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Planner1 said:

I am not aware of any other locations. I’ve named the ones I know of. 

Where are these others? Please name them.

Can no longer remember but that isn't important to me.

It's Sheffield that I'm interested in.

The above is nonsense. This is what 'fifteen minutes cities' are about: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/15-minute_city

NB, from a post in the CAZ thread: 

A reminder for anybody with genuine, sincerely held objections to the CAZ. If you see anybody ranting about 'fifteen minute cities', the World Economic Forum, 'elites', George Soros, the Rothschild family, Bill Gates etc, back away slowly and do not make eye contact. These are the same people that congregate under the disused bus shelter on Pinstone Street and give out their 'newspaper' about covid and vaccine conspiracies. The root of these conspiracies is in far right USA politics, particularly the Qanon strand, who enabled the violent insurrection at the Capitol in Washington. The emphasis on Jewish bankers and businessmen is a clue to the actual motivation behind this conspiracy theory. White supremacy and one of the oldest prejudices, antisemitism. 

• Haha 1