Sheffield Becoming A 15 Minute City

2 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

That's being silly.

I thought you could do better than that.

Do you have documented proof otherwise?

It's been mentioned here, there and everywhere, that the government is considering new ways to replace motor taxation.

That is tipped as the most likely way we will pay, By The Mile.

If you haven't seen it, that's your fault. If you don't believe it, Fine,

Prepare for a shock sometime in the future then because, you will not be able to drive petrol or diesel cars.

They cannot put the tax on your home electricity because that would be too bad for inflation and many people will be producing their own anyway and escape that.

All cars, whether electric powered or otherwise, will be digital and it's really easy to tax anything digital.

I don't have to prove it because I don't care whether you believe it or not but you  also, cant prove otherwise.

Have it your way - assume what you like.

Just now, RollingJ said:

Have it your way - assume what you like.

I already do.

I've found,  as a thinker, I'm usually (but not always) right.

How would you charge them because you can't go back to toll bars and, it's got to be something which, once it's set up, it runs itself.

That's on account of our governments having great difficulty running anything at all.

I don't think you will find many in the motoring press who disagree.

road pricing, and being 

59 minutes ago, fools said:

London is out of your zone, and you have to pay to drive there now, you didn't previously.

(apart from the obvious : petrol....)

are you talking about the low emission zone?

our 6 year old hatchback is ulez compliant. 

13 minutes ago, ads36 said:

are you talking about the low emission zone?

our 6 year old hatchback is ulez compliant. 

It's crawling with camera's, to control, monitor, and extract money from the public. 20 years ago, it wasn't.

The thread was actually about the 15 minute city idea and gradually got taken over by road pricing because someone (post #357) ,  thought we would not have to pay to leave our "zone"

I wrote about 15 minute cities again, (post  #359) and then it reverted to road pricing .

Sorry

Arundel Gate is to get an operational Bus Gate from Monday March 20th 2023, near to the Novatel Hotel, effectively cutting off access to several places in Sheffield City Centre. How will you get to the Crucible Theatre, Town Hall, or Tudor square for a start? 

Just now, Anna B said:

Arundel Gate is to get an operational Bus Gate from Monday March 20th 2023, near to the Novatel Hotel, effectively cutting off access to several places in Sheffield City Centre. How will you get to the Crucible Theatre, Town Hall, or Tudor square for a start? 

Walk from nearby unblocked access points?

1 minute ago, Anna B said:

Come in the other way .

• Like 1