Sheffield Becoming A 15 Minute City

10 minutes ago, top4718 said:

So lets spell it out:

You are claiming that at no stage any form of charge will be involved to move from one area to another?

Simple answer will do:

Yes 

or 

No.

@Planner1 could perhaps answer this as well.

You ought to spell the question out very clearly, but that doesn’t suit your agenda does it?

The way you put this question implies that you personally might be charged for moving from one area to another. Doesn’t say that the charge might only occur if you choose to go by private motor vehicle. I’d suspect you do this deliberately to make it look like an attack on people’s freedom of movement.

Also putting it as “one area to another” makes it more confusing. ( which I again suspect is deliberate). 

8 minutes ago, Meltman said:

You live with what you call restrictions now and have done for many years but I haven't seen you complain about them. Do you travel around the country at all?  If you do, do you plan your route to avoid the, 'restrictions ' or live with them? I'm talking about the Humber Bridge, the M6 Toll, Dunham Bridge and many other places that have a 'restriction' that you don't seem to worry about. 

They are not restrictions they are toll roads, Dunham Bridge has one as it was built by a private enterprise.

1 minute ago, top4718 said:

They are not restrictions they are toll roads, Dunham Bridge has one as it was built by a private enterprise.

They restrict your ability to move from one area to another without paying a fee or fine, which fits with what you seem to regard as a restriction.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Planner1 said:

You ought to spell the question out very clearly, but that doesn’t suit your agenda does it?

The way you put this question implies that you personally might be charged for moving from one area to another. Doesn’t say that the charge might only occur if you choose to go by private motor vehicle. I’d suspect you do this deliberately to make it look like an attack on people’s freedom of movement.

Also putting it as “one area to another” makes it more confusing. ( which I again suspect is deliberate). 

No confusion at all, your claiming they are just "bus gates" so will there be any from of charge at any stage:

Yes

or 

No.

At the moment there isn't a viable alternative in some cases to using a private motor vehicle so I will in effect be charged, now answer the question.

1 minute ago, top4718 said:

No confusion at all, your claiming they are just "bus gates" so will there be any from of charge at any stage:

Yes

or 

No.

At the moment there isn't a viable alternative in some cases to using a private motor vehicle so I will in effect be charged, now answer the question.

I don’t have any knowledge of what Oxfordshire intend to do in the future so how would I or anyone else on here be able to answer that?

So are you saying you visit or live in Oxford and won’t be able to get to where you want to go in any other way than by car? 

5 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

OK then lets try again.

You are claiming that at no stage any form of charge will be involved to move from one area to another in a private motor vehicle?

Simple answer will do:

Yes 

or 

No.

It’s yourself and top that are making the claims, not me.

What hard evidence to you have that there might be any charge?

4 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

OK then lets try again.

You are claiming that at no stage any form of charge will be involved to move from one area to another in a private motor vehicle?

Simple answer will do:

Yes 

or 

No.

You know the answer to this so why are you asking again? I've told you once already  there are restrictions in place, for example Dunham Bridge. You either pay the charge to cross it or find another route. There are several alternative routes to use, it's your free  choice as to what you want to do. 

1 minute ago, HumbleNarrator said:

Most bus gates are situated  in appropriate locations in good faith to  aid the movement of the buses; car traffic isn't deliberately and cynically nudged/directed/filtered through them in order to facilitate a 100 occasion system.

There’s plenty of places where point closures are used to redirect through traffic.

All that Oxford are doing is making a sop to local acceptability with the permits.

Just now, HumbleNarrator said:

The forthcoming Oxford trial.

Where does it involve a charge?

Just now, Planner1 said:

They restrict your ability to move from one area to another without paying a fee or fine, which fits with what you seem to regard as a restriction.

They don't, Dunham Bridge is 40p and I can cross it as many times as I like, its a private bridge so the charge is justified for it's upkeep.

8 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

It’s yourself and top that are making the claims, not me.

What hard evidence to you have that there might be any charge?

6 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

There’s plenty of places where point closures are used to redirect through traffic.

All that Oxford are doing is making a sop to local acceptability with the permits.

Where does it involve a charge?

Are they going to hand the extra permits free?

So is your answer to the question of whether there will be charging at some stage a No?

4 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

"People can drive freely around their own neighbourhood and can apply for a permit to drive through the filters, and into other neighbourhoods, for up to 100 days per year. This equates to an average of two days per week."

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/23073992.traffic-filters-will-divide-city-15-minute-neighbourhoods/

Doesn’t mention any charge.