Sheffield Becoming A 15 Minute City

9 minutes ago, top4718 said:

They don't, Dunham Bridge is 40p and I can cross it as many times as I like, its a private bridge so the charge is justified for it's upkeep.

Are they going to hand the extra permits free?

So is your answer to the question of whether there will be charging at some stage a No?

If you don’t want to pay it restricts your movement. That’s exactly what you said you are objecting to. Public or private makes no difference.

I’ve seen nothing that says Oxford would offer extra permits. Have you?

My answer would be that no one can say, as we don’t know what will happen in the future.

Just now, HumbleNarrator said:

LOL, so what do you think will happen if people drive more than the allowed 100 free occasions?? 

dear oh dear! 

If you contravene a restriction, you get a penalty. A penalty is different to a charge for use of something.

16 minutes ago, top4718 said:

They don't, Dunham Bridge is 40p and I can cross it as many times as I like, its a private bridge so the charge is justified for it's upkeep.

Are they going to hand the extra permits free?

So is your answer to the question of whether there will be charging at some stage a No?

And you can go through a bus gate as many times as you like.....and pay the fine which is justified by reducing traffic delays and speeding up bus travel in some places and reducing air pollution in some places too. 

1 minute ago, Meltman said:

And you can go through a bus gate as many times as you like.....and pay the fine which is justified by reducing traffic delays and speeding up bus travel in some places and reducing air pollution in some places too. 

Is a bus gate fine 40p?

Just now, HumbleNarrator said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Wow. Such petty semantics. 

You are the comical Ali of Sheffield Forum.

No it isn’t.

Paying a fee buys you permission.

A penalty is to remind you that you don’t have permission.

3 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

You can try and be a pedantic smart arse all you want but the people of Oxford can currently drive freely where they like, when they like without restriction (apart from in the already existin

3 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

You can try and be a pedantic smart arse all you want but the people of Oxford can currently drive freely where they like, when they like without restriction (apart from in the already existing bus gates of course) next year they will only have 100 days of free driving within Oxford outside of their allocated districts.

The bit in bold is total BS, by the way. And you know this.

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Is a bus gate fine 40p?

I thought it was common knowledge by now how much a bus gate fine is. Where have you been for the last few years  living in a bubble?

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

From Google 

Screenshot-20230323-154525-Google.jpg

Yes, to drive through a specific point (of which there are 6 in the entire city). All other routes are available. Come on, dont you fall for it too.

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Meltman said:

I thought it was common knowledge by now how much a bus gate fine is. Where have you been for the last few years  living in a bubble?

Some people, such as I,  have never driven through a bus gate so, you don't need to live in a bubble, not to know what the fine is