Sheffield Becoming A 15 Minute City

1 minute ago, Planner1 said:

I never said or insinuated that there were permits generally available in Sheffield.

The Oxford ones can’t be applied for by “anyone”.

100 per annum for Oxford residents

25 per annum for Oxfordshire residents.

No facility mentioned for general public applications

You didn't but a casual read of your comment would give that impression.

So if your an Oxfordshire resident and have family within the zone what happens after your allocated 25 permits are used up?

Just now, HumbleNarrator said:

Only now are acknowledging these things now that it has been shown in black and white today. 🙄

Yeah they were just bus gates up to a few hours ago 🤣

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, top4718 said:

You didn't but a casual read of your comment would give that impression.

So if your an Oxfordshire resident and have family within the zone what happens after your allocated 25 permits are used up?

You go the alternative way, duh!

In this instance, using the Thames St gate as the example (marked with the red icon), you travel from the red line to the black line going via the ring road A34.

Someone from outside Oxford would approach from either the west or the south to access whatever side of Thames St they need 

Do you see? No area is being enclosed.

Screenshot-20230323-164044-Maps.jpg

Edited by HeHasRisen

9 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

Only now are acknowledging these things now that it has been shown in black and white today. 🙄

Nope, ever since the Oxford proposals were first mooted they have proposed that number of permits for the different residents. Neither I nor anyone else has suggested differently.

2 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

I'm not getting into silly semantics with you all afternoon but suffice it to say If people wish to get around by car WITHIN Oxford they will have no choice but to be "filtered" into the 6 ANPR traps.

Well thats their decision. Or, go out and use the ring road as many times as they like. Their call.

I suspect you have never driven in Oxford in your life though.  Only absolute nutters would travel around central Oxford by car. Or Cambridge. Or London.

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Meltman said:

Thank you for the explanation...I didn't know.  I see he conveniently missed out the capital M to try and make an insult.  For what it's worth the name comes from doing over 50 years in the local steel industry....but don't let something sensible get in the way of offending someone eh?

You're welcome. And cheers for the info on your username. 

Very interesting 👍

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Yeah £2 a journey, mines normally close to £9 per return, so save myself nearly a fiver a pop. its been going since 1st January, was meant to stop end of this month but has been extended till June

Brilliant. For 2 quid  I'd certainly use a bus from time to time but public transport isn't really suitable for us right now.

Just now, HumbleNarrator said:

How would Morse have done his job, on a bus??

Bringing fictional detectives into it now. Christ. Go for a lie down, mate.

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

You're welcome. And cheers for the info on your username. 

Very interesting 👍

Dread to think how you got your username, probably into BDSM or something filthy.

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

How would Morse have done his job, on a bus??

He would have solved nothing all day then 3 crimes at once.

7 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Dread to think how you got your username, probably into BDSM or something filthy.

Christ alive I dint half laugh at that. 

Getting some funny looks from the other people in the checkout queue now though so I'd better stop giggling like a loon..

• Like 2