Sheffield Becoming A 15 Minute City

2 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

You seem fond of quoting him up there.   Seems you have delusions of grandeur.

You always do   -   it's a bit harder than picking on women isn't it.

Nothing about 15 minute cities then ?

Where are they?

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

Its like what I posted in another thread a few days ago, just tries to turn every thread into a brainnumbening (is that a word?) argument.

And now he is accusing you of being sexist 🤣

Yup - he's lost the argument  - and plot.

3 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Where are they?

Personally I think the concept sounds great. Everything nearby, whats not to like? I would love a decent supermarket near me, Premier shops are rubbish and the Co-Op is expensive.

Its only when morons make up stuff like "they will keep you confined to your local area" or "we wont be allowed to use motorways anymore" when the debate isnt worth having anymore as you are dealing with idiots.

Edited by HeHasRisen

5 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Where are they?

Yup - he's lost the argument  - and plot.

You mean that you have been on a thread for  80 pages and you don't even know what you are discussing ?

That doesn't surprise me.

You're a pair of misogynists who just enjoy harassing female posters.

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

Personally I think the concept sounds great. Everything nearby, whats not to like? I would love a decent supermarket near me, Premier shops are rubbish and the Co-Op is expensive.

Its only when morons make up stuff like "they will keep you confined to your local area" or "we wont be allowed to use motorways anymore" when the debate isnt worth having anymore as you are dealing with idiots.

I agree the concept sounds good - but that is all it is, a concept. In the real world, unless you flatten the whole country and rebuild it, it is totally impractical.

A 15-minute 'village' for me restricts me to one pub, a few (expensive) shops and very little else. Fortunately, I do have the countryside, but even that is a little further away than 'a 15-minute' walk.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Organgrinder said:

You mean that you have been on a thread for  80 pages and you don't even know what you are discussing ?

No, I dont discriminate, if I think a male is an idiot I will happily say so.  No time like the present....

1 minute ago, Organgrinder said:

Oh, so you're a female? 🤣

5 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I think you're confusing legislation with manipulation. 

Moving from area to area won't be banned, but made so difficult / expensive, as to be not worthwhile. The results are the same and the council get what they want.  There are always more ways to skin a cat...

• Like 1

Just now, Anna B said:

I think you're confusing legislation with manipulation. 

Moving from area to area won't be banned, but made so difficult / expensive, as to be not worthwhile. The results are the same and the council get what they want.  There are always more ways to skin a cat...

Warning - conspiracy theorist ahead.